Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a lady pull out in front of me and almost t-boned it into her. She never even looked my direction, ABS and bigger tires stop you real fast. But I laid on the horn. And lets just say, it is a joke. I have some of these coming for it. Now to figure out where to install them. They look to be about 6" in diameter, and there are two of them. I think I will have to pull off the bumper skin to fit them in there somewhere.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
What about next to the fogs on those little 'cheek' plates? You could probably just stick them right next to the fog lamps without having to cut or drill any holes for them to be heard loud and clear, and if yu do you can hide it in that sort of grill design on the fog lamp plates

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've seen those on ebay and wondered about them. Please keep us informed as to the best way to install them and how they sound. I've bought several items from "Sickspeed", and am very pleased with the quality of the items.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I squeezed them in. You have to pull the front bumper skin completely off. It actually comes off very easily. Six push pins on the top. Snaps in the top corners each side. Remove the front small air dams/flaps or what every the heck they are called. A couple more 10mm screws on the bottom and unplug your fog lights if you have them. Make some brackets to hold them, the ones that are on the horns are junk and can NOT be bent without breaking. Make some solid ones. Mine is a 10" piece of exhaust hanger bracket. And another shorter piece bent at a 90° angle. You will see where the outside temperature sensor is. Relocate it. Then bolt the bracket in that hole. The small (JOKE) horn is bolted near the drivers top area, just remove it. It has one power wire to it. I suggest buying the installation kit they sale with the horn for ease on installing it.

Oh if you test it...... DO NOT HAVE SOMEONE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE CAR ! There is no way anybody will not here it !

·
Registered
584 Posts
I picked up some Hi-Low regular car horns and just wired them in with a relay triggering off the original horn. So now I have the original Beep and the loud Hi-Low horn of a old Buick.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought of doing a video. But the sound would probably not sound correct..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oooo - please post something so we can hear it. I didn't even know what my horn sounded like before I saw this thread (you're right - its hilariously weak). But I never use my car horn unless I need to scare a deer off the roadway. There's not a lot of 'honking' where I live - except geese.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK

OK

OK

Due to a lot of request here is what the new Sick Speed horns sound like on my new Scion iQ

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
woah,i guess my headphones were turned way up,damn near scared the shit outa me sir spidious.NICE.those would help me deal with roadrage in a different manner.:p

·
Registered
985 Posts
Those are nice, but over the years I seem to only use my horn for friendly beep-beeps so the less intimidating, the better.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have my high low horns just temporarily mounted to the engine compartment. When I get around to pulling the front tupperware off I will place then in a spot by a grill.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drive in Chicago one time. And you will understand why i wanted a lot louder horns !

·
Registered
181 Posts
Loud yes, but too nice and too Japanese ekonopuff cute for my darkside iQ. Has anybody installed an air system? I want mine to sound like a flatulent walrus irreverently playing a tuba....minus the fishy smell.
:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts