Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't driven for a few weeks, so went to the drugstore this morning and on my way back to the parking lot, I noticed a square "hole" in my bumper that was not there before. Came home and looked it up in the 2014 Owner's Manual (p 271) and I see I have lost my TOWING EYELET COVER. Pretty certain I would have noticed it as I was leaving home on my way shopping, since I walk toward the car, just as I did in the store parking lot.

Does this part just fall off easily? Maybe someone needed one and took mine? If so, they would know what they were looking for and probably wouldn't care that it's Hot Lava! I even drove back to the store once I got home, thinking it might still be in the parking lot. Nope.

The Manual also lists the TOW EYELET which I did not see. Is it stored inside the "hole"? The costs are $12 and $32 respectively but don't want to buy the eyelet if it is still there. Please tell me where it is stored. I just know I can't leave the hole open in our Missouri winters.
Anyone deal with toyotapartsdeal? Other suggestions? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Sadly seems like the cover was taken! The tow hook is not stored inside there. It is under the tray inside the trunk, if that's what you call the tiny space behind the back seats, on the right side.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got one from local dealer at hefty markup but didn't want to leave it open. Thx.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a spare towing eyelet specifically for an iQ, I'll send it to you, just pay for shipping. I got an extra one cuz when I purchased the car I went through the manual and asked where it was, they didn't know so they ordered one for me. I found the original one just like in jzchen's picture.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please hold for me. I can't remember whether I found mine in the hatch cubby, but I can get back with you tomorrow, (July 12).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts