Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO all.i was wondering if anyones iq has an audible chime or honking of the horn upon locking and unlocking the doors?mine is silent when i do so and do not like this,sure i turn arounmd everytime i leave the car just to look back to see HOW COOL it is and at that time i watch for the blinking of the lights to let me know the car has been secured.i do think at some point that i JUST MAY not look back to see HOW COOL the car is,but then will not know if it is locked,io went into toyota to see about this and they will charge me 54$ to get into computer to check this out and enable this feature if it is dooable,BUT, that said i am a very thrifty fella and not sure if i am willing to pay for this.they did tell me if it cant be done they will not charge,so that a 50,50 chance,so i just may go for it.i am wondering if anyones iq makes any sound,or says GOODBYE to you as you walk away and lock the doors.i never thought i would love a car as much as i love this little beast.thanks in advance.PEACE.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine is silent also. I also would like the chirp every time you lock and unlock the doors. Many times I've had to walk back to the car to make sure I locked it since I'm used to the chirp on my xb and f250. You could install an alarm with a chirp feature...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would rather not go the alarm route,i just may have to GET OFF MY WALLET and see if toyota can enable.thanks for your input.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is a section in the owners manual on what is configurable by the dealer, but maybe there are other things that can be changed that aren't in the owner's manual?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks rhughes i have not looked there yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was also concerned that there was no warning beep if you left your lights on after turning off your car, but figured out that you don't need the warning because when you lock your car with the remote it also turns off the lights.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was also concerned that there was no warning beep if you left your lights on after turning off your car, but figured out that you don't need the warning because when you lock your car with the remote it also turns off the lights.
I did not know that. Will have to try it.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i was familliar with the auto light feature,pretty coooool.a fine little car indeed.

·
Registered
536 Posts
because i close my door by put my finger on the handle, i heard the doors locked... and it's so bling :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a section in the owners manual on what is configurable by the dealer, but maybe there are other things that can be changed that aren't in the owner's manual?
hey rhughes,i have looked through the manual and cant seem to find that section,not sure our manuals would be the same but next time your looking could you please take note of the page,thankyou.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts