Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A huge thank you to Neil, Sergio and Leo at Classic Soft Trim for the new sunroof in my Scion iQ. They did an outstanding job. The sunroof operates smoothly and quietly. There is no cavitation even when traveling at 65 mph on the freeway. No noise at all when closed. The sunroof vents, opens all the way or stops at any point you wish. It also closed automatically when the ignition is switched off. There is a factory color matched sunshade that slides closed to block out the rays when you want.

Classic Soft Trim did an amazing professional job with every aspect of this project. From scheduling to installation to completion it was a pleasure working with them.

Here are some pics and a video of the new sunroof.

Classic Soft Trim

·
Registered
159 Posts
OMG, a sunroof!!!!! I miss the sunroof from the tC so bad... It looks great on the iQ. The only thing that I don't like is the look of that switch. I am so jealous~~~~

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
COM ON MAN,for crying out loud,im not sure im gunna be able to handle this anymore.enough of your DAMN SUPRISES ALLREADY.what beutifull things that happen in your life taz.thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
COM ON MAN,for crying out loud,im not sure im gunna be able to handle this anymore.enough of your DAMN SUPRISES ALLREADY.what beutifull things that happen in your life taz.thanks for sharing.
ob,BTW,im joking....

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The folks at Classic Soft Trim told me the retail cost will be around $1400 installed.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Agreed with the switch comment the thing looks awesome except for the switch. Can you mount the switch somewhere else in th car? For the people on the east coast Taz. What brand of sunroof is it?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed with the switch comment the thing looks awesome except for the switch. Can you mount the switch somewhere else in th car? For the people on the east coast Taz. What brand of sunroof is it?
I'm sure you can mount the switch somewhere else, the stock location is a safety feature to make sure you are aware of what is happening when you close it. Most car companies mount the switch in the same place for the same reason. The sunroof is from Signature Sunroofs.

Nice

But does it open all the way ?
The sunroof opens 3/4 of the way rather than all the way due to the support beam that is in the roof. If you want to have one that opens farther you would need a sunroof that opens above the roof, not into it.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Good deal Taz it looks cool, maybe next you will make it full convertible lol now that would look awesome like the blue and black one from sema. My truck has a factory sunroof that looks similar but my switch is mounted to the left of my steering wheel on the dash.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've also had no leaks at all with the sunroof. This is one of the few on the market that has a drain system with four hoses. If any water gets into the drain rail surrounding the sunroof it drips out of the nearest drain tube and stops the water from collecting in the channel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts