Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are todays lighting tricks.... 0721021908.jpg 0721021908a.jpg 0721021908b.jpg 0721021908c.jpg 0721021908d.jpg 0721021909.jpg 0721021909a.jpg 0721021909b.jpg

The visor strips come on and dim with entry (tied to dome circuit)
The White dome light addition will too but I control it with the dome light switch (off unless needed)
The Undercar strips are wired to the left/right front running amber light
the rear one is wired to the license plate light....
The front one is wired to the right front amber running light

SOOOO when ever my lights or running lights are on ...I will ride atop a blue glow....

I will get night pics tonight and post late....

The strips were custom cut and wired by me...comes in a spool...cut to fit (any group of 3 can be cut out of the strip....3/6/9/ect) to get the length you want...

The seller is fast and these are 12V ready ...just solder feeders to the copper strips under the waterproof rubber cover....
Has 3M brand stickum on the back side....peel and stick.....
Here is the URL/Seller info on ebay bestsupply888

Waterproof Blue 3528 SMD 300 LED Light 5M Flexible Strip Lamp 12V 2A Car Auto | eBay
Waterproof Blue 3528 SMD 300 LED Light 5M Flexible Strip Lamp 12V 2A Car Auto

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already posted in another post guess i should have placed em here

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice! I'd like to do the same on the under-carriage and hook it up to the welcome light. When unlocking the iQ via remote, the interior dome light comes on. I'd like the under-carriage LEDs to also come on so I need to tap the power from there. It'll dim once the interior light dims. This way, the LEDs can be controlled via key FOB. Win!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nice! I'd like to do the same on the under-carriage and hook it up to the welcome light. When unlocking the iQ via remote, the interior dome light comes on. I'd like the under-carriage LEDs to also come on so I need to tap the power from there. It'll dim once the interior light dims. This way, the LEDs can be controlled via key FOB. Win!
That sounds like a great idea. Please post what wires you tap into for that function.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tapped into 2 of the 3 that feed the dome light assembly.....one is common and one fades ect....Hooked em to my "visor" led strips.....I now have about 30 blue leds that welcome me instead of that pissy domelight....and fade ect just like the original dome light.....

Probe the 3 wires that hook to the dome light assembly via white plug......2 will get you the fade effect....12V too......12v test light or voltmeter will get you there.....

dome light remains shut off (via original switch) until needed ....Then i have a brick of super white LEDs on a panel that light it up good....

·
Registered
540 Posts
OH NO !

I have a roll of 300 blue led's coming. And I already have two 12" ones by my head lights, grill leds, interior red and white leds, under car red leds. I am going to hook the blue ones up to a really. So when my red and white interior ones come on when I unlock the door, the blue ones under and in the hood compartment will come on also..

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Very nice job. Welcome to the blue light club. =)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can you show us the inside dome light to see how your wiring to the light? i want to hook one up and be able to control by the switch of the original dome thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sigh, I need to stay out of the forums. So many cool ideas. I have a 10 series, I wonder if I can wire to the badge light, that way the under carriage lights would come on whenever the badge lights do (when I unlock the car or open the doors). But having them on when the car lights are on are wicked cool too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts