Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$20 but comes with a warning. The plastic adapters are crap. Buy (4) 8mm x 1.25 nuts and thread them on the shaft. Tighten. Use the set screws on the bottom of the new knob to tighten against the nut(s) you just installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice match to the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I bought the Tennie Weenie Leather Golf Ball upgrade with MIQ and hate it ! That looks beefy and a lot taller than what I have. I'm going to check it out....Nice !

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does the red stitched shift knob move around at all?

If the flat end of the nut is what is keeping it from spinning, it doesn't seem like it has anything keeping it from being pulled off.

And if the nut is what is keeping it from lifting off, it doesn't sound like there's anything keeping it from spinning.

Maybe I'm missing something. They should have just had it screw on, instead of having those stupid allen screws, that strip out if you overtighten.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
corE,
The four nuts provides stability. The nuts are tightened against each other, with the bottom one aligned with angles towards the rear of the car. There are 3 allens that tighten against the bottom nut. This allowed the knob to be straight and will not turn...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts