Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. First time poster. I have a 2013 IQ and it's my favorite car ever. I have one problem and if it's an easy fix I'd like to take care of it myself. My automatic door locks don't work. I have to manually lock and unlock my doors. The key fob does turn the alarm on and off and it does lock/unlock the truck hatch. I've been told it may be a blown fuse but I have no idea where the fusebox is. I'm not a car guy by any means. So is this a quick fix where I could just change a fuse or is this something I'll need to take to the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
853 Posts
Sorry for the delay in responding I was hoping one of the more knowledgeable members would respond. Link below is the Toyota web page for your 2013:

Checking and replacing fuses starts on pg 240. I would definitely check Fuse 13 listed on pg 245 and Fuse 10 listed on pg 249.

Please pull them out if possible sometimes it is hard to see if they have burnt out. If burnt out please replace with same amp rating. If it burns out again there is a problem maybe a short.

Pleae feel free to report back your findings...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the delay in responding I was hoping one of the more knowledgeable members would respond. Link below is the Toyota web page for your 2013:

Checking and replacing fuses starts on pg 240. I would definitely check Fuse 13 listed on pg 245 and Fuse 10 listed on pg 249.

Please pull them out if possible sometimes it is hard to see if they have burnt out. If burnt out please replace with same amp rating. If it burns out again there is a problem maybe a short.

Pleae feel free to report back your findings...
This is a HUGE help. I'll try this out after work. Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
No they don’t.
Do the doors make any sound at all when you press the lock/unlock key, like clicking or buzzing? In all likelihood, it is indeed a fuse (there are two fuses - DOOR and D/L, I think you want the 15A D/L one) or a relay, but I've also changed my fair share of motors in door locks on other cars.

Here is a better diagram of the fuses and relays:

There is a also a repair manual on this forum that has wiring diagrams. Based on those diagrams, the back door bypasses the fuse and the relay, but the front doors do go through the fuse, D/L Relay and DR Unlock relay. There is also an optional Double Locking feature that has another set of relays, but I don't think we have it on US version of IQ.

The best I can tell, the D/L and DR relays sit on (in?) the Junction Block next to the ECU and the fuse box (next to your left leg under the steering wheel), part 82730-74050.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. First time poster. I have a 2013 IQ and it's my favorite car ever. I have one problem and if it's an easy fix I'd like to take care of it myself. My automatic door locks don't work. I have to manually lock and unlock my doors. The key fob does turn the alarm on and off and it does lock/unlock the truck hatch. I've been told it may be a blown fuse but I have no idea where the fusebox is. I'm not a car guy by any means. So is this a quick fix where I could just change a fuse or is this something I'll need to take to the dealer?

This same thing happened to my 2012 IQ. Same issue as you. The doors would note respond to the remote but it would work for the rear hatch and alarm.
It was a straightforward fix. It took me about 1 hour to replace both doors locking actuators. Here is the exact ones I purchased: Actuators

Here is the video I used for reference. Youtube It's not the best video but it worked.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts