Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
My post on Backyard:
"Good for Carl. I always though he was a classy guy.
I have an IQ and it is quite roomy in the front."

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have an IQ and it is quite roomy in the front."
Even though I have no idea who this guy is, I suspect he is tall. So the question is....does he fit? If so, is he comfortable? If the answer to both is yes, then that is quite an accomplishment for an iQ.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Even though I have no idea who this guy is, I suspect he is tall. So the question is....does he fit? If so, is he comfortable? If the answer to both is yes, then that is quite an accomplishment for an iQ.
He is some kind of sports guy. Football or basketball, I think. I have had people over 6' try to sit in it. Seems like 6'3" or so starts to get uncomfortable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
He also owns a toyota/Scion dealership , he went crazy with the IQ when it arrived , doing donuts and loading it with 4 people .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good for Karl! "Scored points" with that picture!!
(Pun intended)

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Karl Malone rocks. He was a Laker for a while too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Guys, I don't think this is real. Karl owns 2 Toyota/Scion dealerships, & it's quite the photo op to see him squeeze into an iQ. Mine was the first iQ bought & delivered in Utah, & was driven & autographed by Karl. A picture of Karl Malone in an iQ isn't hard to come by, here he is in mine. LOL
photo[1].jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
This explains the youtube clip I saw awhile back, but could not tell whether he ended up with one. The vid clearly showed him laughing it up after exiting the iq, so he def had his kicks that day.

I was like whoah as he got out of it haha.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Two obeservations:

1) apparently extremely tall people do fit in the iQ....and fit well enough to drive it like a madman!

2) this could be the end of an era....unless you're into font creation, there's little need for handbrake turns in a car that does a full, sensible u-turn in just about the same amount of space. Well done, iQ!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thoughts that come to mind:
1) Could driving like this be the result of being hit in the head by too many basketballs?
2) Who was the poor sucker that bought this abused vehicle and didn't know how his or her "new car" was treated?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Who was the poor sucker that bought this abused vehicle and didn't know how his or her "new car" was treated?
Here's where some forensic analysis may come into play. I thought I heard someone say, "Not every owner would do this." That may indicate that the owner was, in fact, one of the drivers/perpetrators who took a turn at the hooligan deed in question!! I also thought I heard someone mention, "We'll need new tires." This may indicate that the dealership intended, following the very first maneuver, to replace all tires prior to the owner taking delivery. The plot thickens!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts