Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at all the colors and bought the only Black Currant Metallic in town. I really like the car. Both my cars take premium fuel so I had to get rid of one of them. My 2008 Miata was traded for my "Grape". The Miata was worth more than the new iQ so they had to write me a check! Nice.

I also have a 2011 VW GTI with APR Stage III tune. That results in 405 HP and a wild ride.

My iQ will be the daily driver. What a difference going from one to the other.

I also bought one of the first tC's when they first came out in July 2004. I kept that car for 6-1/2 years and had very few problems. I am hoping for the same dependability from the iQ.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looked at all the colors and bought the only Black Currant Metallic in town. I really like the car. Both my cars take premium fuel so I had to get rid of one of them. My 2008 Miata was traded for my "Grape". The Miata was worth more than the new iQ so they had to write me a check! Nice.

I also have a 2011 VW GTI with APR Stage III tune. That results in 405 HP and a wild ride.

My iQ will be the daily driver. What a difference going from one to the other.

I also bought one of the first tC's when they first came out in July 2004. I kept that car for 6-1/2 years and had very few problems. I am hoping for the same dependability from the iQ.
Welcome, Looks like all fun ahead. I'm getting a lot of looks and tonight at Wal-Mart People where giving my R01 "IQ" a 360*. Did not know if I should use the panic button, LoL!

Hope we can share experiences.

P.S. I own the 2012 Beetle, I call it "X01".

IQ 4 you and ME.

-Kooler R01

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Welcome! Congratulations on your new iQ. Getting a check back leaves you money to start modding your new ride. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I am amazed at the amount of attention this car is getting. People are speeding up on the freeway to catch up to me just to get a look at it.

So far, I am waiting on my rear spoiler and the fog lights. The dealer did not have any at all to install on the car. Just about all the Toyota accessories are on "stop sale" as of now. They want to reserve them to put on new cars. I wanted the alloy wheels but my dealer told me they could not get them so I bought the car with just the two accessories thinking I could pick up anything else I need later. I found out that is not true. A dealer across town is putting the alloys on cars in the lot but is not "allowed" to sell them to me. He said Toyota instructed them to only sell them on the car as sold new. I filed a complaint with Scion Customer Relations in California but they do not seem too interested in helping me.

We will see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts