Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sound SO nice! It's stuck way into the triple digits here, so my driving is mainly a morning and evening activity. On the other hand, it's often in the 60s in the dead of winter, so things even out.
Yes, I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere in the sun if the temps here were triple digits. I can hardly move without sweating when it's in the high 20's/low 30's here (that's of course, celsius - I believe that would be close to the 90's in fahrenheit) and it's ALWAY humid when it's that hot here. I like to sit in once place near the fan and drink a lot of cold beverages when it's that hot. Yesterday it was only around 25 degrees celsius so it wasn't too hot - perfect summer day in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I had a better camera so that I could take better pictures. I wanted to get a more panoramic view but there were a couple guys taking pics in the left. Here's a couple more pics I took without the car. Honestly, the pics don't do this place justice. The view is amazing in person.

IMG_1937.jpg IMG_1936.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could drive to that elevation? I hope so 'cause that would be quite a hike otherwise.
Oh yes, I definitely wouldn't be hiking up that mountain. :) I think the elevation is only 600 or 700 feet but I don't do hiking up big mountains. lol

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well they are lovely pics, with and without your iQ in the shot.

It reminds me of one lovely summer when I hiked up Croagh Patrick on the west coast of Ireland....twice in one week. At 2,500 feet it took the better part of a day. While the view was breathtaking (overlooking Clew Bay), it would have been much easier in an iQ!! Better for my feet, too. :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
M, I think what reminded me of my trip was the idea of actually getting outside and enjoying the summer! Very tough to do down here. Summer is something we survive.

·
Registered
584 Posts
M, I think what reminded me of my trip was the idea of actually getting outside and enjoying the summer! Very tough to do down here. Summer is something we survive.
In the same boat up here on the caprock. 105 today. We don't have the humidity you do but the feel of an oven and the shimmering waves of heat in the air is not nice.

Lived here all of my 47 years. Time to find someplace nicer to move to. Some place green, with water and hills. Not flat, brown, and choked with dirt and grit. I would love to live where trees just happen. If you see a tree here, someone planted it and let it grow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts