I want to start off by saying that I am completely satisfied with the IQ's performance/economy.
The IQ's engine has been engineered, a little differently than some/previous other toyota's starting a new engine trend.
See below computerized airflow to smooth flow inside the engine, high compression and still reg. octane gas, amazing.
Now the question is that the engine H.P. & torque rating listed below are a little higher than on Our USA IQ.
This means that Our IQ has been de-tuned, so the question is how do you get that performance back, maybe a power chip.
On this light of a car just raising the H.P. & Torque a few points would make a big difference.
Naturally My car has a few hundred miles on it and is not broken in yet, it should loosen up a bit.
is a compact straight-4 piston engine
featuring "Stop & Start"
technology and Dual VVT-i
. It was introduced into European market in late 2008 with the Yaris XP9F. Improved engine performance combined with low emissions and fuel consumption was the principal aim during its development.
Advanced engineering has been applied throughout the 1NR-FE engine. Toyota engineers streamlined the engine's intake channel, used computer simulation to optimise airflow, smoothened all surfaces for less turbulence and rounded off all angles and sharp edges inside the engine. One of the key elements of the 1NR-FE engine is its piston design. Smaller and lighter than on the previous 1.3 unit, they are designed with a smaller contact area and use carbon ceramide, an advanced material commonly used in Formula One engineering, to reduce friction. The engine also features cooled exhaust gas recirculation (cold area specification models only) to reduce pumping losses and reduce NO[SUB]x[/SUB] emissions.
Technical specifications of the engine:
- Displacement: 1,329 cc (81.1 cu in)
- Bore x Stroke: 72.5 × 80.5 mm (2.85 × 3.17 in)
- Max. Output: 74 kW (99 bhp) at 6000 rpm
- Max. Torque: 132 N·m (97.4 lb·ft) at 3800 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Valve Mechanism: 16-valve DOHC, Chain Drive (with Dual VVT-i)
- Fuel Injection System: EFI
- Ignition System: Direct Ignition System
- Emission Regulation: Euro 4 (Complies with Euro 5 after optimizations introduced in July 2010)
- Engine Service Mass (incl. coolant & oil): 89.5 kg (197 lb)