Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, it looks like we will not be getting any manual IQs over here. Only the CVT transmission which I am not too thrilled about. Anyone used it or know more about this rumor?

Nadeem

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not a smart idea on Scion's part if you ask me, they will sell many more cars if they have a manual option. Rumors are funny though, and this could be wrong.

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are many Toyota badged IQs with manual transmissions available abroad. Hopefully the market is worth it here or the racing appeal will suffer for sure.

Nadeem

·
Registered
48 Posts
Strange, I thought this could have been one of the cars that went the other way...offering a manual transmission but not having an automatic option.

Wouldn't be surprised if Scion flips on this choice and releases the manual option within a year or two of release

·
Registered
14 Posts
Strange, I thought this could have been one of the cars that went the other way...offering a manual transmission but not having an automatic option.

Wouldn't be surprised if Scion flips on this choice and releases the manual option within a year or two of release
Toyota must have learned from the Smart people that manual/semi-auto transmissions have limited appeal in the US. Toyota could build a manual trans version, sell a small amount to die hards, then move fore-wards with the CVT as common sense dictates. Fuel economy rules, and buyers know it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts