Scion IQ Forums banner

iQ resale value

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  IQATL 
#1 ·
I usually change vehicles every 5 years since I don't like keeping them for too long. I know its still pretty early to tell but how well do you think the iQ will hold its value and what might be its resale value in probably 5 years.

#4 ·
I know what you guys mean. I didn't mean I was going to buy one just to resell it. Its just that I tend to get bored of whatever I have. So most of the time I don't have it for too long. I was just hoping it would hold its value pretty well. I know some of them hold their value better than others and I was hoping this would be one of them.

#6 ·
If the iQ follows the history of other Scion models the resale value will be great. When the xB,, xA and tC were first released they were being sold for more than the dealer could ask within a few months. The pure pricing of Scion prevents the dealers from making too much profit on the new cars, once they have been sold the sky is the limit.

#9 ·
It's all in the market! I learned a little bit about resell and trade-in values when I was in the market for an iQ. I had the Smart Fortwo to trade. Dealers wanted so little for the Smart because (of course) they want to buy low, and sell high. But according to the database they look at, a national record of vehicles being bought and sold at the moment, the Smart was trading fairly low BECAUSE gas prices were low at the time. It means that most cars with great MPG weren't high demand. Once gas prices start to skyrocket again (and it's doing it, as we speak) certain cars will have better resell or trade-in value, our iQ included! Guaranteed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.