Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
IQ is on the top of my list right now however I will consider other options. Haven't look much into the CRZ, maybe I'll give it a look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
From what I've read on the CR-Z it will not be 60 MPG, heard some quotes put it at 32 to 35 MPG. Plus it is only a two seater whereas the the IQ is 4 (well 2 + 2).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Isn't the CRZ a much bigger car then the IQ? I'm surprised that the CRZ isn't a four seater in that case.

For both cars it still comes down to the test drive and how much fun the car is to drive

·
Registered
98 Posts
The CRZ will be bigger but just different style.

The IQ has a tiny hood and front engine area, where as the front engine on the CRZ is more like a normal car....haha. Just differently shaped cars. The CR-Z will likely be more pricey as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm on the waiting list with 3 dealers for the CR-Z. After the announcement of the dismal mpg for the CR-Z I'll be going with an iQ Hybrid or a Nissan Leaf (that I previously wasn't even considering).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I saw some pictures of the CR-Z at the Detroit show and they really took away lots of the looks from the production version. And that MPG rating is very disappointing....

Now just need firm numbers for the IQ

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like the CRZ will be priced at $20,000 dollar mark or so putting it a good (expected) $4000 dollars more then the IQ. Something tells me the IQ will be more fun to drive as the CRZ has turned into a 2 seat sports car with not much HP and a hybrid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Colin Chapman had the right idea; make it fast and then add lightness. A hybrid may be a wonderful technological achievement, but they are never going to be that much fun to drive. The batteries just add too much weight. Even if you get it to accelerate quickly in a straight line all that mass still comes back to bite you when you try to turn. It strikes me that the IQ much purer expression of an ideal. Or something like that. Anyway I think it is going to be a better drive.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts