Scion IQ Forums banner

iQ on its way, finally!

5K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  scion-guy 
#1 ·
Just got word that my car will be reaching the port on the 14th. I hope that Toyota releases these cars to the dealers as opposed to sitting on them until October.

I added a bunch of port installed options, so I hope this doesn't slow the process down any. Hopefully they have all the parts ready for these cars.

#4 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Stick

No cvt for me

WE have a 335-is with a auto/paddle hate it..

I still have a 1980 rabbit with a later tdi diesel motor 39 city/57 hwy
3.24 ring pinon and .71 final fifth gear ( 5 speed )

Even my 2008 Porshe with a 6 speed get's 28mpg on the road with 630 hp all wheel drive..

This car is just for around town use, body kit, tein coilovers and axis wheels in black on a Lava red

I will contact Toms Racing In japan and see what they are doing
TOM'S

Attachments

#11 ·
Apparently the n. California region is not ready for the launch. As a result, the s. California region will not release the cars from the port. The whole state has to launch at the same time. I am so pissed at Toyota right now, I am about to tell them to keep it and buy something else.

#14 ·
Toyota has done it again. Apparently this thing is not going to launch until December. What a freaking joke. I have lost all faith in Toyota. It was supposed to launch early 2011, then it was spring 2011, then it was early summer 2011, then it was late summer 2011, then it was officially Oct. 1 2011, now it is Dec. 1 2011. Hell, I could be waiting forever at this rate.

What pisses me off the most is that Toyota has not released an official statement or contacted any of their dealers about this. The launch date has come and passed with nothing. Tell your customers something Toyota. There are plenty of other great small cars to choose from, and none of them are Toyotas.

#17 ·
Really? Another two months to wait and you're going to give up and try a different car?

I've been waiting for over a year and although I'm not happy about waiting another two months I will.

I hope you decide wait for your iQ, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

#20 ·
Sigh. I'm ready to put down a deposit and stopped by Toyota of Arlington TX today to do that. Too bad they wouldn't accept my $$. They didn't know when they would, saying maybe December or January and don't call us, we'll call you. They didn't even know the price. Fortunately it is a Toyota so interaction with dealerships will be minimized.

ALSO! I'm going to try one on at the Tx state fair auto show tomorrow and hope to post pix. Maybe the national guys that staff those shows will have a clue.

It is so disappointing that I've been to 3 dealerships since July and they seem unaware that a new model is coming out. It makes me want to order off the internet just to avoid the lack of enthusiasm and expert ignorance

#21 ·
While others may disagree, my experience with dealers has pretty much been the same as yours. If it's not on the lot to deliver they've never heard of it. Through gritted teeth I politely tell them to look at the Scion.com web site. It has descriptions, prices and accessories all listed. The only unknown right now is when will we see them since the West Coast as delivery has been pushed out a couple of more months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.