Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I confess I sometimes refer to my iQ as "the escape pod"....partly because it is small enough to be the escape pod of many vehicles around me on the road, and partly because that's just how great I feel driving it.

Who came up with "moon buggy"...I love that one!

How do you refer to your iQ, whether actual names or not?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I confess I sometimes refer to my iQ as "the escape pod"....partly because it is small enough to be the escape pod of many vehicles around me on the road.
I was considering that exact name after my sister suggested that we could pack my iQ into her SUV and use it for away missions. :)

I named my iQ "Pirouette" because I dance and it just seemed appropriate given the iQ's amazing agility.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ha...that's awesome!!

According to the iQ Farcebook page, at the factory it is referred to as "the brick."

I've always thought "iQtie" was pretty clever, too.
I was going to get a vanity plate with iQtie on it but then I thought people might think I'm vain. LOL My initials are TLC and some of my friends call me "Tee" so I use IQT for a nickname for my baby. :)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Mine is Cliffjumper, or CJ for short.
Sometimes referred to as my "Ridiculous little car"

I've found myself saying things like, "Come on, CJ, let's go home." as I walk out to the car after a long day at work.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I conversationally refer to my car in various ways, I myself have never outright named a car, try as I may. In some obscure corners of the internet, I am fairly famous for doing (or in this case not doing) this. Not sure why.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was just talking about this the other day. At the moment the iQ is known as "thelittlecar". But if I were to name it, then "Sheldon" it would be . . . . brilliantly nerdy. (after Dr. Sheldon Cooper from the TV show The Big Bang Theory)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine is called "Julius" ... short for Orange Julius.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My partner and I had two BMWs when I bought the iQ. His is a 7 Series, mine is a 3 Series. His is referred to as the 7, mine as the 3. I've nicknamed the iQ the minus 2.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts