Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan to get this tiny machine to commute 150 miles a day!
pros cons?

Anybody abusing this car as much as i prob wil?
Any advice?
Good bad?

New to forum. Say hi!!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
pros cons?

Any advice?
Good bad?

New to forum. Say hi!!
welcome riverrrrboy,i abuse this car,by way of reverse doughnuts,slight airtime and heavy on the throttle,EVERYWHERE.corner like a madman.and it shows in my fuel consumption,NOT GOOD.but if driven sainly,its PRETTY GOOD on fuel.but for the size of the car,its still crap.id say depending on the speed of your commute will determine your consumption,55 to 60 mph its darn good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
pros cons?

Any advice?
Good bad?

New to forum. Say hi!!
I drive about 125miles a day on my iQ. 95% is freeway driving. I don't find any problem with this car going on the freeway and passing cars. When I drive aggressively (accelerate fast on stop lights, going 80MPH on the freeway), then I get about 33MPG. When I drive between 65-75MPH, I tend to get 37-38MPG. I can even get better MPG in stop and go traffic :) I never feel bored when driving the iQ, lots of attention from other drivers, makes the iQ so unique. Because of the small oil tank size, I have to put gas almost every other days, but that doesn't bother me~

·
Registered
19 Posts
i get around 230ish miles
once the last fuel meter starts blinking i fill my IQ up.
only because i really don't know how much longer i can drive with that blinking fuel meter
but I'm thinking i could get around 250 or 260 if i let the car run out of gas ?
I've been getting around 34-35mpg( i drive 80% Freeway and 20% city)
I'm on my 3rd tank so far
hopes this helps

·
Registered
94 Posts
I drove mine 230 miles on the first day! Seats are ok but the armrest is missing. I found it easy to find new positions to be comfortable but I did miss my wife's camry towards the end. Time flys when you are having fun and driving the iQ is VERY fun so that trip will seem a lot shorter!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I commute around 52 miles back and forth and I do 80 when ever possible :) and I'm getting around 40MPG. I would say its a great commuter. I still wish it had more horsepower.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I commute 80 miles RT daily over back country roads. I average around 45 MPH and have been getting around 37-40 MPG. Have found that if I hold back a little on my driving I do alot better MPG wise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts