Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little concerned about how this car will do in the crash test ratings. I know they will not release a car unless it is passable but it still doesn't mean its gonna be amazing. Driving safety is very important to me...I drive a Smart car right now and am still a little edgy about it.

Do you think the IQ will be getting good crash test results, I just worry since it is such a smaller, compact car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I usually just assume all cars are safe and never look at crash test ratings. Out of site out of mind I suppose - bad attitude to have.

I will try and see if there are any online for the Toyota IQ

·
Registered
52 Posts
Seems like all crash tests like that are always terrible looking!! Never good to see a car smooshed, but as long as the person inside is ok.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It actually appears the IQ did excellent, good to see so many airbags to protect the driver and passengers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the link.

How long until the car interior just blows up into a giant airbag...be like a big bouncy castle :D:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pretty much what they do right now, it just depends what side of the car is hit for which specific bag that needs to go off. No point in having them all explode if its unneeded because I don't think they are very cheap to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts