Scion IQ Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
1,178 Posts
It's super simple, take out the old intake hose, and the lid for the air box the rest of the air box is part of the radiator shroud. Disconnect the mass air flow sensor from the original intake and put it into the injen intake with the supplied screws. Install the injen intake with the supplied hose clamps and rubber grommet. Attach the small round rubber attachment point to the arm of the intake and then to the body of the vehicle near the front. Reconnect the vent hose near the intake with its original clamp. Make sure to plug back in your mass airflow sensor and its all done ready to go! Honestly that all takes about 10-15 minutes

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It's super simple, take out the old intake hose, and the lid for the air box the rest of the air box is part of the radiator shroud. Disconnect the mass air flow sensor from the original intake and put it into the injen intake with the supplied screws. Install the injen intake with the supplied hose clamps and rubber grommet. Attach the small round rubber attachment point to the arm of the intake and then to the body of the vehicle near the front. Reconnect the vent hose near the intake with its original clamp. Make sure to plug back in your mass airflow sensor and its all done ready to go! Honestly that all takes about 10-15 minutes
LOL Yup all sounds foreign to me man , I don't do anything with cars, I need those speical Ikea instructions with the step by step pictures. I appreciate it the help though, but your simple and my simple are different. Like I'm a landscaper, if someone asks how to put in interlock with two ornamental trees I see piece of cake, rip up about 8"s of dirt, level it to a 20% slope towards the drainage line, buy fine sand, 3/4 crushed limestone....by then I've lost them and I haven'nt made it halfway yet. So yeah.

Maybe I'll look around for other injen tutorials or something. I do appreciate it though, just explaining where I'm coming from when it comes to cars.

· Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Badangelooo13,
you may want to consider another hobby other than modifying your car! Honestly if this mod seems complicated to you, your going to feel beyond lost with anything else. It can get very expensive if you have to start paying people every time you want to make a little mod to your car. You basically have a picture tutorial sitting right in front of you. Look at the pictures I posted all the bolts that need to be changed are right there in the picture nothing less nothing more it really is just that easy ! The reason people don't put up more detailed tutorials on the injen intake mod is because it is such an easy mod that its not worth making a tutorial.

· Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I understand and we want to help you, but you have to also have the courage to attack the job at some point and follow the directions we give you, not everything in life is going to come with a picture by picture tutorial. In my younger years of this hobby there was no such thing! We just had to dive on in and do it. Draw diagrams and bag up parts and make little labels. Trust me you have to have a little faith in yourself this mod is beyond easy and when you actually do it you'll look back on this and realize where I am coming from. Think of it as one of your landscaping projects and just start digging into it :)

· Registered
301 Posts
hello boys
i see that everything of u change the air intake and exsaust, but do u think that the car running good without ecm modify?
in europe we don't change much as u :) and the ecm is not possible to modify..the only one is for the manual transmission that take out the speed litim to 185 km/h

· Registered
536 Posts
hello boys
i see that everything of u change the air intake and exsaust, but do u think that the car running good without ecm modify?
in europe we don't change much as u :) and the ecm is not possible to modify..the only one is for the manual transmission that take out the speed litim to 185 km/h
I'm very interessed ... I had a manual transmission !! :)

· Registered
988 Posts
I'm not sure of what you are asking..... are you asking that when we
change the exhaust and the intake without changing the settings in
the ecm, does it run better? If that is what you are asking, then the
answer is yes, when you improve the ability for the motor to breathe,
(temp and quanity of air in and quanity and ease of air out), the
motor is able to run more efficiently. And, this is accomplished without
having to change the ecm settings. I have not tried to change the
top speed limiter setting as yet and probably won't.
If that is not what you were asking, then I don't understand your
question?

· Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Like mistergib says, nothing but improvements on my end. The intake we have both changed is designed in a way not to affect the ECM. It is designed with the circumference at the mass flow area the same as the stock intake so that the ECM will get accurate readings of incoming airflow. Two of the biggest advantages of the new CAI is that it removes the use of the factory restrictive air cleaner element, and the carbon filter.
The exhaust on the other hand that we have both modified is located after the secondary oxygen sensor, so the ECM has already received its readings by the time it gets to the point we have modified.
The changes we make are simply to free up horsepower that has just been restricted from the factory. The basics of an internal combustion engine is, the more air in and the more air out the more efficient, hence the more horse power. I don't know if mistergib has done the figures yet, but in actuality our mpg should also increase by a small amount, because the engine is now working less hard to do the same amount of work :)

· Registered
4 Posts
I went with the Injen intake and prefer it over the dc big time. The quality of the injen is way better than the dc. Just look at the welds if you don't believe me. The DC intake uses a hold down bracket with only one leg the injen welds a second brace to that leg in order to make it stronger. Injen also reduces the size of the pipe at the mass airflow sensor area to keep all its measurements correct. I know some guys have the dc intake on their rides and they may say its better, but no way! The Injen intake is 10 times a more high quality product. I have nothing to gain and I'm not sponsored. By either company so trust me my opinion is based on seeing both products in person feeling the quality and actually using the Injen intake on my car. ( sorry Taz, I know your a DC intake guy, but this injen intake is just hands down a more well designed product) .if you look at the two pictures you can see the difference in the mounting point where the intake mounts to the body of the car. It may seem like a small detail but over time vibration can cause the one legged design to develop stress cracks at the weld points, and I have seen this happen in real life situations. The Injen is not the cheaper of the two options but it is definitely the best !! Even the clamps that come with the Injen intake are stainless steel and marked with the Injen logo. I choose the black version because color wise it matches the theme of my car and I don't have to worry about polishing the pipe all the time.
Where may this be ordered?

· Registered
4 Posts
Like mistergib says, nothing but improvements on my end. The intake we have both changed is designed in a way not to affect the ECM. It is designed with the circumference at the mass flow area the same as the stock intake so that the ECM will get accurate readings of incoming airflow. Two of the biggest advantages of the new CAI is that it removes the use of the factory restrictive air cleaner element, and the carbon filter.
The exhaust on the other hand that we have both modified is located after the secondary oxygen sensor, so the ECM has already received its readings by the time it gets to the point we have modified.
The changes we make are simply to free up horsepower that has just been restricted from the factory. The basics of an internal combustion engine is, the more air in and the more air out the more efficient, hence the more horse power. I don't know if mistergib has done the figures yet, but in actuality our mpg should also increase by a small amount, because the engine is now working less hard to do the same amount of work :)
Link to purchase?

· Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
942 Posts
I've never purchased anything from this company the price seems almost too good to be true. I tried to check the BBB info on it and found nothing, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but not 100% a good sign either:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts