Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had many cars over the years and the doors all automatically locked after you hit a certain speed going forward and noticed my iQ isn't locking. I'm a little confused why such a basic feature is not working and wondered if it is just turned off. I thought I'd pick brains here as I didn't see any posts regarding lock when searched entire forum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've never had a car that did that (but some friends cars do). I'm mostly a Honda and Subaru person, so I'm not sure how prevalent this feature is among all car makers.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've only had this feature on one previous car so I don't consider it to be something that is all that necessary.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My 2010 xb has that feature but I also noticed that my IQ does not auto lock. I kind of liked the feature. Oh well, not a deal breaker...loving the IQ by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hey folks,i as well wonderd about this feature,my last car ,nissan cube did have this,and found it a bit bothersome,i owned the cube for three years and ALLWAYS forgot about this,EVERYTIME i went to drop off a passenger they would go to get out they could not and i would have to ALLOW them to exit,got to a point where,jokinglee of course everytime this would happen i would automatically say,kidnap.lol.and my iq does not do this and i am liking it.but that said,i believe if i lived in a HIGH crime,car jacking kinda neighborhood this would be a great feature,or a angry kid that wants to bail out of the vehicle,this could be usefull as well.good day.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Our Honda Fit does this, and it's annoying in one way in particular. When stopping to let someone out, the doors won't unlock unless the Auto tranny is put in PARK.

It doesn't bother me that it's not a feature on the iQ.

Good question though. I hadn't really thought about it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
if you check the manual, there are a number of behaviors that you can have programmed by the dealer, but I did not see this one when I went looking for it. It is something i would like to have, but you can quickly develop the habit of locking eveything from the driver's door switch as part of the routine to put your seat belt on.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
The iQ does not offer that feature. I am happy not to have it. As expressed above the passenger door always becomes a problem.

If you lock the doors while driving, using the lock switch on the driver door, they will unlock when you stop the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts