Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more a hypothetical question. But if you didnt get this what would you want to get instead? It can be anything but try to be realistic. Dont say youre going to get a Bugatti Veyron or something like that. Im really curious what everyone would get instead.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I would have kept my 09 nissan cube,it was very cool from all sides but the back i thought and it was an unbelievable gas pig,but i dont do a ton of driving so it was cool.I was missinformed about 4 years ago that the iq was coming out in 1 year,so that would have bin 3 years ago,then learned by a GOOD source that,at that time they werent even confident it would EVER come to north america,and i was ready to but MY FIRST EVER brand new car.so i went to good old GOOGLE search with a question,what is the most unique car to be released in 09.my answer was,THE CUBE,which wasnt even in north america yet,so went to nissan bought it sight unseen and was the first owner of the 09 cube in bc.allways knowing if that IQ is ever released,bye bye cube.would have loved to keep it,but that wasnt an option.

·
Registered
536 Posts
before buy my lovely IQ, i search an 100% electric car... but nobody make this, everywhere they say electric car is "the solution" but it's impossible to buy one.. so i buy a small cute car

·
Registered
181 Posts
For the same blow-your-combover-over, leapfrog-your-midlife-crisis, white-knuckled commuting rush?
Trebuchet and a parachute.:cool:

I want something American-built, but Detroit's fail on small cars for the last..eternity. I can't stand European car maker's idea of "maintenance" (so naturally the Big 4 in Detroit $wap $pit with European car makers all the time lately looking for even more fail). I guess I'm turning Japanese.

I saw a spiffy-looking 2012 Eclipse today I liked. I wish my alma-matta Suzuki would make a 2012 Samurai JX. That'd kick a$$.

·
Registered
985 Posts
i search an 100% electric car... but nobody make this
I'd be interested in going this route, too, but the range and infrastructure is just not there yet. I admit I am intrigued by the immediate torque available for a city driver and the ability to reconfigure the standard interior layout. Of all the current electrics, I suppose the Mitsubishi-i would interest me most....but it is perhaps a bit too big.

btw, anybody see what our car might look like as an electric?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Love the bar LED lights, love the rims, covet WAY past the point of sin: the van-style sliding doors!

The vinyl design is "meh", but would make good placement for the leopard pattern spots on mine...

Can really do without the bicycle-style steering rig. Small cars don't need to feel tinker-toy-ier (Smart42).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Initially I liked the looks of the Smart, but was more drawn towards the Yaris 2-door.
I would love to go 100% electric, but the efficiency isn't up there like gas-powered engines...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I might go back to my xD, but I have to say I'd be tempted by the FR-S. After only a week now of owning my iQ, I like that I'm so nuts about the car I drive. I absolutely love the iQ. The xD is a really good car, but it might take more to please me after driving the iQ. Honestly, I don't know if I could ever be satisfied with another car. They need to bring an electric one to market so that my next car can be another iQ. I actually changed my welcome message on my car stereo to say "Forever iQ."

·
Registered
985 Posts
I love the Fiat 500 too
I'm a fan of the little Fiat as well. That interior is a piece of art!

The cars that would be interested me are merely in the rumor mills of most car makers. That's why I got an iQ...Toyota actually made it and (shocker) sent it to N. America! Otherwise I guess I'd have to get a Cygnet, wouldn't I? :)

In the rumor mill is a MINI called the Rocketman...a smaller city-car version that actually might be mini in size, unlike the upsized versions they have been producing lately. That car might interest me, but I trust Toyota's engineering approach far more than I do BMWs, so I am quite happy with what I have in the here and now. Besides, MINI outright declares that they will borrow ideas from the iQ. For all their mini-bravado, I don't think they are capable of the type of innovation seen in the iQ, not really...except for off-ball gadgets. I also like that the iQ is unhinged from some limiting retro-vibe and represents something of a fresh approach. The Rocketman will not be so lucky.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.