Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Scion advertising the IQ? Anyone seen an ad on TV or in the newspaper? I've seen a lot of Fiat 500 ads.
I only found about the IQ while I was surfing the net.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I only saw TV ads on YouTube, but there was a big billboard for the iQ up near downtown Dallas for awhile. I also saw print ads in Dwell magazine ( I extracted these and framed them).

This may sound harsh, but I think most folks are fairly ignorant about happenings in the automotive world. People who talk to me about the car have no idea what it is or where it came from. Most are mildly amused but have no connection, no outlook, that would to ever permit them to drive such a thing. It goes right over their head. That said, I owned an early MINI and no one knew what they were either for several years, and the Fiat 500 is just now barely catching on. Early adopting is fun, but it can be a bit weird, too.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
The iQ suffered the fate of being delayed by 14 months. The release was too close the the release of the Scion FR-S and that is where Scion is pointing all the attention. The fan fare given this latest model from Scion has been overwhelming and as an iQ owner I have to say I'm a bit jealous.

That being said, my wife is probably getting an FR-S so I won't feel so bad. =)

·
Registered
351 Posts
the reason I badly wanted one was because of the TV ads.. I could not get over it.. kinda like the Yaris ads when it first came out, I just had to have one

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just had to have one
I totally get this. Rationality isn't always the main factor behind my more recent car acquisitions....and the iQ is certainly no exception. That said, I have been pretty over-the-moon about these cars, which is great fun and totally worth any lapse in calculated fiscal fixation. Of course, I always felt like I got a great deal (thanks to my dealership), so I suppose the rational part isn't totally being bypasssed. Frankly, I've been building up to a car like the iQ for a good many years....I'm just glad it showed up on our shores.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is Scion advertising the IQ? Anyone seen an ad on TV or in the newspaper? I've seen a lot of Fiat 500 ads.
I only found about the IQ while I was surfing the net.
Now that you mention it, nope ... I have not. Maybe sales are so strong that they don't feel they have to spend the bucks for commercials yet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Here's a guess.. maybe the ads are more targeted to urban areas like Los Angeles and San Francisco because that's somewhat the target market?

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts