Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from sunny south fla.

Hi all, yeah I went from an 04 customized Mazda3 Hatchback with audo/video/gauges/custom interior/custom tint/dinoc/ gps/ radar/ sat radio/...etc etc......to the 2012 scion IQ. To be honest I really liked the car as I have been reading/reviewing the car for sometime and do not like many of the new hatchbacks within this class/price. I test drove her last Sunday and went today and after negotiating w the price of the car and excellent trade in offer ................. I GOT HER.You know when u see a car and you just like it, that is me w the IQ as I like funky/different. So one of my best friends meets me at the dealer because I wanted him to sit in passenger seat w the sales guy in back while we go on I-95, to see how car handles and the jokes begin from my buddy . He explains car is to much money, I am to old for this car, to small , concerned for safety, and to go and get another mazda. After the drive he was so surprised at the ride,quality of car, unique color, and interior, and the freakin sound system but again to small an to much money. I told him we r not paying what is printed and that I will get a great deal being there are about 12 on the lot ( i have not seen any on the road here). I just purchased a new YAMI R1 last month and this IQ purchase was not so much planned but the mazda needed more maint. repairs and did not see the sense in that ( recently spend about 1400.00 on A/C, master cylinder, etc... ) So I really wanted to make the sacrifice for that bike and get a car that I really liked, good quality, good gas mil, but stay within a certain amount. I have seen the cars in that class i will call it and again really do not like the way they look and this car got great ratings and it is a toyota so.................that is my story and sorry for the long welcome intro here. Just like on the motorcycle forums look forward to meeting the members, talking , and sharing and gaining some knowledge. Oh, I am going 5% limo on the entire car along with 50% again on the entire windshield but my luck it is raining here.................. hard. Will take some pics asap

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
congrats and welcome,i love your bike,and your car,2 wicked rides,look forward to seeing pics and gettin to know ya.

PEACE
Brent.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Congrats on your new iQ and welcome to the forums. I think you'll like it here.

A little something for you for posting up pics on your first thread...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on your new iQ and welcome to the forums. I think you'll like it here.

A little something for you for posting up pics on your first thread...

Thanks surf city local, I saw your ride and it is sick

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
congrats and welcome,i love your bike,and your car,2 wicked rides,look forward to seeing pics and gettin to know ya.

PEACE
Brent.

Brent, yeah man thanks for the bike compliments as well. Your rims are nice on your iq.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Congrats on swinging a great deal...makes it all the sweeter (I got lucky in this regard, too). I have two-wheeled transport as well.....on the downside it is the kind that requires pedaling, but on the upside it folds in half and fits in the back of my iQ!! Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts