Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned a smart ForTwo and the seating position relative to the windshield is very similar to the iQ. Those of you who are tall or sit all the way back, as I do, know it requires leaning forward to look up at a traffic light at many locations. In a hilly area, like Seattle, being pointed downhill and first in line at a light is a real challenge to see out.

This simple mod makes it easy to see out and up.

I bought this fresnel lens at an auto parts store. It's made to put in a back window of a van or RV to increse the viewing angle when backing.

I cut it into horizontal strips about 2" tall, and experimented in the car to see which strip would give the best view upwards, then trimmed its length to fit in the desired spot at the top of my windshield. This photo, taken in the smart, is at a stop light where the light isn't quite visible out the window, but one can see it's easily visible in the fresnel lens. Obviously, I now have it in the iQ, and it's just as helpful. Total cost, about $10.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Ingenious,thats great,i am far from tall and have that visibility issue,i just tend to look to my left at the lowere lights that are coloured the same.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I recall seeing those posted somewhere else, and figured I could do the same for less. Good choice though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts