Scion IQ Forums banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys, I noticed the OP no longer displays the pictures. Is it just me or are the pictures showing up for someone else? I would really like to see step by step how this is done

·
Registered
2 Posts
I plan to order & install in 2 weeks. I can't see the original step by step pictures either. I don't even want to attempt it without some kind of visual help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have to remove my Rostra Cruise because it is burning through throttle sensors. installed in 2014 so thought they had fixed it but guess not, no I hope to remove mine in under and hour. very disappointed with this all that money for nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So because there are no pics, and the instructions are a bit vague. I would like to know, the wires I need to solder, are red (ignition)to green pin 3... Am I right? Is this the only wires requiring solder?
thanks Terry

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed it ...red to green pin 3 ...everything else is plug and play..and of course you have to drill a hole for the lever. Glad to have it done .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed Rosetta cruise control my self, however I can’t get it to set.
The one I ended up getting had the ground wire already spliced into another wire and didn’t say I needed to connect it to anything, so I spliced the red to the green wire as stated.
it comes on (the green light comes on) but it won’t set.
Any ideas??

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
736 Posts
@Savagew0lves I'm sorry for the delay in responding. There was at least one wire that needed soldering for the CC would work. I'm afraid the Rostra instructions left something to be desired so to speak. I'll check their website again. I hope they may have updated them as I messaged them about some unclear parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm going to try using a fuse tap instead of splicing into the wiring loom. I've never been a fan of wire splicing as it can introduce issues down the line that can make it hard to troubleshoot. I'll try the Cig fuse slot first. ;)

I did notice that the cruise speed can be set to as low as 20mph! ;)

Reactions: jzchen

·
Registered
35 Posts
...and the fuses are mini low profile! What a lesson to be learned here! ;)

121 - 133 of 133 Posts