Scion IQ Forums banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Really glad I talked to him about the shipping.. Really amazed he is still honoring it after all this time........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know if this kit works with a 2014 IQ? I am new to Scion but am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I am almost ready to buy a 2014 but the lack of cruise control is concerning me. This would solve my problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
According to Redline360.com (that's where I purchased mine) it will fit 2014 IQ's. Mine was delivered today...going to install it tomorrow. Just in time too...for a Albuquerque to San Diego road trip...

·
Registered
197 Posts
anyone know if any other cruise control that can sweep up/down and forward for cancel? something that feel OEM like cruise control in a camry or prius? I prefer to be on the right side.

·
Registered
197 Posts
anyone know if any other cruise control that can sweep up/down and forward for cancel? something that feel OEM like cruise control in a camry or prius? I prefer to be on the right side.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This cruise control is OEM for Scion. My 2006 Scion XB had these same controls, it does take some getting use to...but it's better than having numb leg after your road trip.

·
Registered
124 Posts
While your 2006 xB may have that cruise control installed, it is most certainly not an OEM unit. It is the Rostra version, or at least the operating head is a Rostra unit.

The OEM cruise units that I have seen for the xB mount to the right of the wheel in the usual Toyota position, with the head rotating with the wheel as it turns. They have the "sweep up and down" motion, as well as the "pull to cancel" function of all other Toyota units.

By the way, if you want to mount the Rostra control on the right side of the wheel, they have a control oriented for that side. Here, I'm referring to a purchase from Rostra; I don't know about the other suppliers mentioned.

Finally, our unit had a short in one of the two plugs, one that threw a code plus put the Scion into "limp home" mode. When I get around to it, mine is going back for replacement.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not on our car; the short manifested itself at random intervals and under random conditions. One time it did it when the car was parked; as soon as it was shifted into gear after a reset, it went into the high RPM, low speed mode.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Well I think I will reorder one now. I got one of the first produced ones, and it kept setting code for the throttle pedal control.
After taking a three hour trip today,my foot and leg were almost totally numb...

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone who has had dash apart, or might just be able to give me a little insight. I have the cruise control to install decided I would like an external light to tell me when on and off, per steering wheel blocks light on stalk, I thought I would put in a switch on the dash that would have the feed from the brown wire of cruise control and the feed to the ECO button that would allow me to choose what that ECO button is telling me. One way it would work just like it works now // Which I never use but hate to take away any "Factory Feature" // the other way... the way I would leave it 99.9% of time it would be the Green Electronic Cruise On that most cars like my XB came with. Any input would be appreciated. Just figure there will be a harness and a color I would need to tap into behind speedo or led readout. hoping I don't need to solder circuit board..... will if I need too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok Follow up reply for my own post, went ahead and subscribed to Chiltondiy.com online manual looks like the ECO light is fed by a circuit board with no wire to tap into.... I could sever the feed and use the light for the cruise but would loose the eco feed and do not want to do that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know of someone installing these in the Los Angeles or San Diego area. I drive tons and really need the cruise.

Just did a 348 mile trip and got 40mpg average hand calculated.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts