Scion IQ Forums banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the great instructions. My Cruise went in without a hitch yesterday and made a 2 hour trip today. Also wanted to add in a note. If you have a 2013 model IQ, the new kit had the ground wire pre-connected to the pedal controls so there is no need to hook it to the frame. Other than that, the suggestion as to where to tuck the control box was GOLD! Thanks!

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
This is a really useful product for anyone who drives any kind of distance in their IQ on a daily basis. I will admit that I wouldn't personally install one in my vehicle, do to an accident I had. I fell asleep while I was using a cruise control system, and hit a guard rail.
A couple months back I helped forum member IQ4me instal one of these in his IQ and I've spoken with him a few times since and he always seems to still be very happy with the system. It was mildly easy to install, and the unit we installed was actually a slightly upgraded model to the model in this thread, his model had the power and ground wire slightly different, if I remember correctly they where incorporated into the OBD2 port wiring harness.
All together for those who don't easily fall asleep like me lol, this is a great product to add to your IQ and not that difficult to install yourself with the supplied instructions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the great instructions Spidious. Will probably install this system during the summer. Wish I would have had it earlier. I had to make almost a dozen 400 mile trips this winter, and could have done without the leg cramps.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
You would have to contact the people that make it and ask them.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm here to let anyone undertaking this to know that rostra does sell this very same kit, but without the grounding wire. Installation looks the exact same, except no ground wire necessary. Again this is the same model number, only variation is that no grounding is necessary, and it is not drawn in its instructions; but otherwise look identical to the guide posted above.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm here to let anyone undertaking this to know that rostra does sell this very same kit, but without the grounding wire. Installation looks the exact same, except no ground wire necessary. Again this is the same model number, only variation is that no grounding is necessary, and it is not drawn in its instructions; but otherwise look identical to the guide posted above.

This is the kit I installed in IQ4me's IQ and it was very straight forward, and easy to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the cruise control and it doesn't work. (No green light, no response from the controls.) There was no ground wire in the package, so I left out the ground, not knowing what to do. And of course the unit doesn't work. Can anyone tell me where the ground wire connects to? I know where to connect one end, based on the instructions here, but where on the cruise control wiring does it go? Can I fix this myself without the "approved" ground wire? Help!

(I'm an old car nut, age 70, and I love my IQ. We're heading from NY to Seattle and back soon, and so I thought the cruise control would be a nice addition.)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Check your wiring diagram that came with the unit. It should be a black wire. With out it hooked up, nothing will work at all.. Sorry for the way this looks. But for some reason the enter button will NOT give me a new line or paragraph on this site?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow, this is worth to mod it .. (is there suitable for right hand drive?)

Do your mind share to me which web link i can purchase it?

Many thanks ...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Spidious ref to The Cruise Control Store 800-343-1382 If you mention that you are a member of this forum they will give you next day free shipping.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Hope they will still honor the free shipping, that was when it was first introduced.. But still mention it, you never know ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
GREAT............... Glad to hear they will still offer it to us, wasn't sure how long he would be willing to do it when I talked to him about it..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Finally I found the time to install my cruise control. I did a few extra steps to find the best place to put it. See enclosed photos, I hope it help other members.

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Human leg Flooring Not the best mock up, but very cheap to make

Wheel Car Vehicle White Motor vehicle a view from the drivers seat

Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Electricity Cable Not to have all wires apart I taped together and I think this make it look better and easier to handle.
Car Vehicle White Gear shift Automotive design a view from the side. I believed there is plenty of room and You will not hit it with your knee. In my case my seat is all the way to the back.
Vehicle Car Wheel White Motor vehicle and this was the end result. I am able to see the cruise control handle, the light (on/off ) with out having to place another led to see if on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Finally I found the time to install my cruise control. I did a few extra steps to find the best place to put it. See enclosed photos, I hope it help other members.

Not the best mock up, but very cheap to make

a view from the drivers seat

Not to have all wires apart I taped together and I think this make it look better and easier to handle.
a view from the side. I believed there is plenty of room and You will not hit it with your knee. In my case my seat is all the way to the back.
and this was the end result. I am able to see the cruise control handle, the light (on/off ) with out having to place another led to see if on.
I really hope can install this soon, will call the cruise control store is there can compatible with model year 2010 toyota IQ (japan version) .. this is the must accessories add-on..

81 - 100 of 133 Posts