Scion IQ Forums banner

How many keys did you get?

14K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  Sensha 
#1 · (Edited)
According to my dealer, the iQ comes with only two keys -- the spare key without remote and a key with the keyless remote entry feature. That's what I got.

How many keys did you get with your iQ?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Wow. Are you kidding me? (embarrassed) When I said I read manuals I didn't say I read them thoroughly. LOL. I guess I got a free key just for misreading that section.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Okay. I thought I was losing my mind for a second. I was right! Thanks for the confirmation. The warranty book says so, however the owner's manual says something different.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I just bought mine today and it only game with a standard key. I'm reading everywhere that the keyless entry is standard, so I am going to go back tomorrow morning and figure out if they lost it or just didn't give it to me.

Has anyone not gotten at least one "remote key"?
At first, they gave me one remote key and one valet key (without remote). This is what you're supposed to get if your iQ does not come with an immobilizer, according to the Owner's Manual. However, the Warranty Booklet says you're supposed to get 2 remotes and 1 valet. Point this out to your dealer. Tell them Scion customer service also told you (as they have told me) and you'll get a total of 3 keys after all is said and done, free of charge. You'll just have to visit your dealer to have them program the new key(s) to your iQ.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear that. I've contacted Scion Customer Service myself to verify this. This is what they said. "Scion is going to make corrections to the manuals saying it will come with only one remote and one valet. But since you've pointed this out, we'll comp you the 3rd key. As soon as we get the key, we'll call you to make an appointment to have that key programmed to your car." This happened last week and I got my 3rd key free of charge.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Ouch. Sorry to hear about that, Dave. I've owned a couple of cars that have remotes and my remotes look worn out after 3 years. I like that I can just switch remotes when needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.