Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of us plan on keeping this forever but to those that dont. How long do you think you'll keep it until you move on to something newer and better?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i hope to drive it to the ground,BUT if the scion HAKO does come out i will trade it in for that,and that only

·
Registered
985 Posts
This one's a keeper for me. The only thing I can see me moving on to is an equally small all-electric car should one show up with some decent range.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My last car, "MARSRVR" is a red 1996 Suzuki Sidekick JX 2DR convertible 4x4. I bought that new too, my first bouncy kid car straight out of college (it's also nicknamed "Tigger"). 210,000+ miles on it and its still going strong. I still have it, always will. Now that its retired from commuter beater duty I'm thinking "lift kit".

I only buy a car every 15 years when the auto industry pulls its head out of its collective ...um..."the grass" and makes something worthwhile. I'm sorely disappointed with the long runs of look-alike drive-alike "slugmobiles" in between. I'm also sorely disjointed with the American auto industry. I wanted to buy American this go-around, (my Suzuki's actually Canadian) but Detroit can't manage to fit an engine in anything smaller than a Camry without exploding.

SABQT is part of my stable now, will be forever, just like MARSRVR. 15 years from now I'll be 55 and looking for a luxury wagon to haul my old bones around gently in style. I'll probably go steam-powered hybrid next and burn junk mail for free.

I keep cars forever. I just add to my stable as different needs arise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i usually keep it around for 5 years before moving on to something newer and better. sometimes less depending on if i find any good deals.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I will keep it until it starts costing a lot to repair it.
Hopefully 8-10 years at the least...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will keep it for about 10 years unless something major happens or breaks on it. Otherwise I would be keeping it for at least 10 years.....maybe more depending on how I feel about it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me I just usually wait until I fall out of love with it. When I dont feel like driving it anymore or I just get bored of it. I only buy cars that I enjoy owning but when I dont enjoy it anymore thats a pretty clear sign for me to move on and get something new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will keep it for as long as my daughter still want to drive it to college 12 years from now, after all she's half the reason I bought my blizzard pearl:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts