45.6 KB Views: 2,101

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looks good. What's the details?

·
Registered
142 Posts
is it a mobile trash bin? i asked since i saw a few ones that might fit and modify to become armrest and storage :)

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Looks pretty good, what is it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice job on turning a trash can into a cool center console. Looks great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm I bought this same can and took off the front pedal.

It doesn't fit between the passenger recliner handle and the drivers seatbelt?? What am I doing wrong? I have a 2013 IQ

This is the one www DOT simplehuman DOT com/10-litre-profile-step-can-brushed-stainless-steel-plastic-lid

Not sure if hotlinking is allowed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks good...I need one! Is it high enough to rest your right arm on when driving? (It would be perfect if it had drink holder on it...me and my wife fight over our ONE cup holder in the iQ..only we don't fight, she gets it! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks good...I need one! Is it high enough to rest your right arm on when driving? (It would be perfect if it had drink holder on it...me and my wife fight over our ONE cup holder in the iQ..only we don't fight, she gets it! :)
There are cup holders in both of the doors. They also have those clip on cup holders....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine is a 2012, did they change something?
I'm 6 feet and sorry not high enough to rest your arm on. maybe for somebody not as tall, it may work

·
Registered
124 Posts
My solution for this was to install the center console from a Toyota Yarus, only raising it up with longer screws and rigid Nylon spacers for a height increase of 1" (currently). When I get the time, I'm going to try 2" screws and similar spacers to see if I can raise it a bit more.

The mount for the arm rest clips to the seat rails - no drilling or other hole making required. There is an extensive write up on the installation elsewhere on this site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought mine yesterday from target for my 2014. Works beautifully. Am probably gonna hit a craft store to buy some foam and fabric to cover the lid and make it into a padded arm rest. its not a "perfect" fit as it does push up against the side of the passenger reclining handle, but I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone looking for this center console solution. I don't have my iQ anymore, but kept the console.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for that.

$25.00 plus buyer pays shipping. I'll also included the Scion rubber front mats and the auto door lock dongle that I reviewed in the forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts