Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that right after filling up it's easy to keep the mpg up around 37ish, but it fades down to an inevitable 34ish by the end, why?

When you first fill up, the car is actually heavier since it's carrying the extra fuel weight. Based on that logic you should get better mileage as you burn through the tank... but that doesn't seem to be the case on this car?

I don't get it. I don't understand if it's actually measuring the fuel pumped/miles traveled, or if it's basing it off what the fuel meter reads left vs. how far you've gone.

If it's the latter, that would be a trick by toyota because the tank gets topped off a bit... Thus, the car would think it's used less (or has more) for a given mileage.

I haven't been able to figure this out either way... but I find it hard to achieve the advertised mpg average. I guess it would be easier if I didn't encounter traffic quite a bit... in hindsight, that's probably the main reason.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i believe what toyota says are under PERFECT driving conditions,if you ever find PERFECT driving and road conditions let me know,and i will move there,so i am sure i will be staying put,im very heavy footed and my iq s mileage sucks,litterally.i really dont mind not even a consideration when i bought the little charmer,peace.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i believe what toyota says are under PERFECT driving conditions,if you ever find PERFECT driving and road conditions let me know,and i will move there,so i am sure i will be staying put,im very heavy footed and my iq s mileage sucks,litterally.i really dont mind not even a consideration when i bought the little charmer,peace.
im getting around 25mpg,and it dont hurt me one bit,i floor it everywher,only up to speed of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.