Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an additional remote key but I cannot get my iQ into the programming mode to register it. I paid for a subscription on the Toyota Tech Info site and downloaded the entire Electrical Wiring Diagram, but also downloaded the remote programming procedure which is identical to many Toyota products. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how many times I've tried it, I can't get my iQ into the programming mode.

I shudder thinking of paying the dealer to program the remote through the Techstream system, but I may have no choice. It appears Toyota changed the programming procedure, but the service manual is not updated and is incorrect. Has anyone run into this problem?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would hate to violate any copyright/legal issues by asking this, but can you post the procedure you tried?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's no secret. Straight from the iQ repair manual:

Register a new recognition code when replacing the door control transmitter or the door control
receiver.

Add mode is used to retain the already registered codes while registering a new recognition code.
This mode is used when adding a transmitter.

Rewrite mode is used to clear all the previously registered codes and register only new recognition
codes. This mode is used when exchanging the transmitter or the door control receiver for a new
one.

Confirmation mode is used to confirm how many recognition codes have already been registered
before an additional registration of a recognition code.

Prohibition mode is used to clear all the registered codes and cancel the wireless door lock
function. Use this mode when the transmitter is lost.

All of the steps in the following registration procedure must be performed in sequential order
continuously.

1. REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODE (MANUAL OPERATION)

(a) The following conditions should be met.
(1) No key is inserted in the ignition key cylinder.
(2) Only the driver side door is opened.
(b) Perform the following operations to select the desired mode.
(1) Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice within 5 seconds. (End in removed)
(2) After the above operation, close and open the driver door twice. (End in open)
Then insert the key into the ignition key cylinder and remove it.
HINT:
Complete this procedure within 40 seconds.
(3) After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice. (End in open)
Then insert the key into the ignition key cylinder and close the driver door.
HINT:
Complete this procedure within 40 seconds.
(4) Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately 1-second
intervals 1 to 5 times to select a mode (see the illustration). Then remove the key from the
ignition key cylinder.

This last step requires turning from LOCK to ON to get into the desired programming mode.

One time = Add
Twice = Rewrite
Three Times = Confirmation of remotes already programmed
Four times = Prohibition Mode

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
in THE GREAT WHITE NORTH,the IQ comes standard with 2 remote key fobs.:p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in THE GREAT WHITE NORTH,the IQ comes standard with 2 remote key fobs.:p

Yes it does...The great white north also gets heated outside mirrors, engine immobilizer, auxilary electric heat element on the heater core, heavy duty starter and rear heat ducts under the front seats for the back passengers. Things I'll never use in the warm California sun. :D:) hehe

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Yes it does...The great white north also gets heated outside mirrors, engine immobilizer, auxilary electric heat element on the heater core, heavy duty starter and rear heat ducts under the front seats for the back passengers. Things I'll never use in the warm California sun. :D:) hehe
k, well now your just being a MEANYPANTS...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
351 Posts
LOL totally makes me NOT jealous of the extra remote key fob that the Canadians get. Yay for the California weather :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts