Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have the amp and sub already, just need a how to on hooking it up to the stock system, Is is plug and play or more involved?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got a Bazooka amplified sub combo installed. I just bought a amp instilation kit from wal-mart and was mostly plug and play. Power wire off battery, ground screwed into body, remote wire spliced into AUX wire at back of HU, and RCA cables off back of HU.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bohemian, thats what I wanted to hear! Mostly about the RCA cables. Where did you get your bazooka and do you like it? Also, have you upgraded the stock speakers?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I had Sound Warehouse install my amp & sub, they couldn't get the amp to receive input from the head unit. They had to go into the "hidden" menu with the head unit power turned off & turn on the subwoofer. I have the basic head unit BTW.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, I was really unsure if the stock unit had the rca connections for the sub.

Has anyone changed the stock speakers to aftermarket and if so tell us about it please.

John

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another thing, when I told them the stock head unit had RCA inputs built in, they didn't believe me. They said, "well, if it does have them, you'll save about $70 on installation, but we've never seen a factory stereo with them built in." Little did they know, I had watched a tutorial on our stereos on scionowners.com, & knew about the RCA inputs already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts