Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently went from a 2010 Yaris 3 door to a new 2012 IQ and love it. Wife fell in love at first sight with it and since it is just the two of us this is perfect. I'm glad I found this forum since alot of questions have been answered already.:cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
How does it compare to the Yaris? I'm coming from a 2010 5 door when and if I buy an iQ. I really like my Yaris, but when I bought it I wanted a smart. That is, I wanted a smart until I test drove one. I went with the Yaris as it was the next smallest car that I could afford at the time.

I just have a thing for these modern micro cars, I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Welcome another hot lava, by far the most popular flavour.any upgrades with your iq or any plans on doing much.not that this little gem needs any help but i find it hard not to pamper my LITTLE BUGGY with upgrades.welcome again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is lacking all the cubbies as the Yaris but the great features all but make up for it... Came with rear spoiler, tint, upgraded audio, fog lights, and I installed the mud guards. I am looking at the silver side door trimsfrom europe and the over head console then the rear sway bar.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Welcome from another former Yaris and MINI owner. I had a 2009 3-door Yaris and the two cars are indeed cousins. I found the Yaris' steering to feel a bit more direct (compensated for by the iQ's fantastic smaller turning radius), but otherwise you'll feel right at home in an iQ. I need a back seat now and then but not all the time, and while it felt odd lugging a full back seat around everywhere I went in the Yaris, the iQ is just right. The seat is there when I need it, but not gobbling up all that useless space the majority of the time when I don't.

Here's a nifty look at the iQ as compared with Yaris:
:

·
Registered
985 Posts
the rear sway bar.
This is the only mod I made to the car as I much prefer the stock look and functionality of the car. I may add some wheels in the future once I find some that 1) look right to me and 2) present some weight savings.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great video thanks. There are a bunch of parts available oversees for both the IQ under both Scion and Toyota FYI

·
Registered
236 Posts
My IQ is also HOT LAVA,
I had a 2010 Yaris 3-door 4spd auto in Yellow. I really Liked the yaris, But I like the IQ better, It is just me and the wife, my daughter is away 8 month out of the year at college. It suits the two of us just fine 98% of the time otherwise we use the wife's Rav4, although last year we did have to take a road trip up through MT. Shasta during some bad winter weather, I did not take the IQ because of the low ride height, i was afraid I would get stuck, I took the wife's Rav4 4x4 just to make sure. The IQ probably would have made it, but piece of mind won out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are planning a trip to NC from GA later this year has anyone else been out on a long haul yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts