Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally came into Portland last night, first off the truck. We'd put a deposit down so hustled right down to the dealer to take it for a spin. Met all of our expectations so we snatched it up.

They didn't have any of the accessories we wanted yet, wheels, nav unit, etc. but we went ahead and took the car while they get the items, hopefully a week or so.

After 20 hours and 30 miles we're very satisfied. Sharp steering and decent performance. The CVT takes a little getting used to but minor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had my hot lava for two days now and LOVE it! The dealer installed all of my accessories before I had any $ on it. She was that confident that I would love the lil thing! I did not have to put a deposit on it. I had it reserved for months. The spoiler has not shown up yet. I get giddy when I get into this car! It gets the same attention that I do when I ride my Vespa around town. Had a car load of young people honkin and waving at me last night. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had my hot lava for two days now and LOVE it! The dealer installed all of my accessories before I had any $ on it. She was that confident that I would love the lil thing! I did not have to put a deposit on it. I had it reserved for months. The spoiler has not shown up yet. I get giddy when I get into this car! It gets the same attention that I do when I ride my Vespa around town. Had a car load of young people honkin and waving at me last night. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
My dealer, Wilsonville Toyota south of Portland, hadn't brought in any of the accessories ahead of time. Not sure why unless it's because Portland's a Port Of Entry and they can get things immediately. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to check the status.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Congratulations! Mine is almost ready. Having the Navi, fog lights, wing and mats installed. Should be at my dealer (Scion of Glendora) early next week.

Post up some pics of your new ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My hot lava wing is on back order due to problems with the paint. I have to get all of my lights replaced. Head lamps and break lights. There is moisture in all of them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just did 254 miles on our first tank of gas; 6.844 gallons for 37.11 mpg. Over 1/2 would qualify as highway miles. Not a bad start

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I'm getting 60mpg (UK, not much different to US/Canada) regular out of ours. Mostly on country roads with some higher speed (we call dual carriageway, a two laner either direction) It's the regular 1.0 litre engine, 99g/Km so road tax free (that's the best part), and it's a great little car to drive. For years I despised little cars, now there's one I love, my iQ.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Bob,

Actually, it's a pretty large difference. 60MPG in the UK is the equivalent of about 49 MPG here. You're lucky to have the smaller engine and manual transmission available there. Though typically the US market prefers more HP and auto transmissions. I believe only about 7% of all cars sold here are manuals, and that number has been declining steadily.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my Hot Lava IQ today. My girlfriend immediately fell in love with it: "Cutest thing I ever saw! You won't be able to go unnoticed around town in this!" Such a fun car. I'll probably get a lot of ribbing from my male coworkers ("Is that the Mickey Rooney signature model.....? I didn't know the Singer sewing machine company made engines.....How many clowns did you have to whip to steal this thing..." ) but I don't care!

·
Registered
94 Posts
My wife does not share my infatuation with the iQ. She calls it the Urkel Mobile but it does not bother me. I still smile every time I drive the car and that's what matters!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
My wife does not share my infatuation with the iQ. She calls it the Urkel Mobile but it does not bother me. I still smile every time I drive the car and that's what matters!
Urkel rocks! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i hear ya Jeremy,the car i traded in for my IQ was an 09 nissan cube,and my WAAAY better half use to call it the flinstone car,and was embarrases as heck the few times she had to drive it,BUT she just LOVES the IQ,in fact so much that shes scared to drive it,she DOES NOT want to hurt my wicked little buggy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts