Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I really like the IQ and had some questions I hope you can help with .
1) does the IQ have a immobilizer ?
2) does it have a cargo cover ?
3) what are the maintenance requirements, especially spark plugs , CVT fluid , ect .
4) how far will the drivers seat recline ? , I use to have a Scion XA , is it like that or more like a smart car with limited recline ?
5) regarding accessories , when I go to the Scion website , a lot of accessories are gone , such as alloy wheels , moldings ect . Dealer told me they are based on what sells and not available any longer .He also said that there's installation charges for accessories . My understanding was always was to build your car online and print it out and the price listed is the price you pay as I thought they are installed at port . Can some shed some light on that please .
6) has anyone decided to carry a full size spare tire , if so did you just lay it flat and what type of jack did you use ?
Thank you for any help you can give , I have been to the dealer but these are some things I forgot to ask about . I really like the car a lot, I had a smart Brabus and while fun it had pros and cons , unfortunately more cons .The IQ improves upon everything and adds an actual dealer network for service which was something smart really lacks .

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
welcome,the canadian model has an immobilizer,i am not aware of a cargo cover,just a net,the dealer will do all my maintenance with my extended warranty,the seats recline further than the smart although not in a flat position,and that is correct,it seems many parts are no longer availabe,that said you can allways find non scion aftermarket rims at a fraction of the dealers price OF COURSE.a full size spare will lay in the back area,and that is about it,i havent had the pleasures of using a jack,i have had a flat but that was covered by my extended warrant,tow included.no comparison the the,NOT SO SMART CAR.cheers.
brent

·
Registered
584 Posts
5) regarding accessories , when I go to the Scion website , a lot of accessories are gone , such as alloy wheels , moldings ect . Dealer told me they are based on what sells and not available any longer .He also said that there's installation charges for accessories . My understanding was always was to build your car online and print it out and the price listed is the price you pay as I thought they are installed at port . Can some shed some light on that please .
The install of the web added accessories are cover in the cost of the accessory and is reflected in the build cost. They are done at the port and no additional install fee is required. If your dealership is tacking on extra fees for install of the accessories from the web build, they are cheating people.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, another iq member went back to get rid of the iq for the new FRS and dealer added 4500.00 to the price.......... THEY ADDED A FREAKIN PREMIUM. NOT SUPPOSE TO DO THAT

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys and info. The salesman diidnt seem to know a lot and so maybe is mistaken about accessories installation cost. He more or less said they do it at the dealership level. I told him i wanted the Lava color and he went on the computer, then asked if i want auto trans LOL. Ill have to ask another salesman. Regarding the FRS, apparently a Scion dealer can sell for any price they want as long as they charge everyone the same for a certain period of time. I know on another forum that a member took pics of the Scion dealer putting sale signs on all new Scions. IQs were marked down $300. So pure price doesnt mean a whole lot anymore. Ill post some of the questions in General forum. Thanks again and looking forward to getting my IQ.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I know they can go down in price, sales, incentives, and programs, but they are not allowed to raise prices. If accessories are added after you do the web order/build thing, they can and will likely do installation charges. Anything done on the initial order and installed at port has no other charges. Any dealer raising price and charging hidden fees should be reported to Scion/Toyota.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i know they can go down in price, sales, incentives, and programs, but they are not allowed to raise prices. If accessories are added after you do the web order/build thing, they can and will likely do installation charges. Anything done on the initial order and installed at port has no other charges. Any dealer raising price and charging hidden fees should be reported to scion/toyota.
exactly my point.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When the BRZ came out , Subaru dealers were jacking up prices by 5k . Jack Hollis was asked if Scion dealers might do the same . He said they are discouraged from doing that but it's up to the individual dealer , however they must all be priced the same ..( pure price ) and clearly listed at the dealer or website ect . The accessorie deal , im going to ask the guy I bought my last Scion from . I'm giving benefit of doubt that the sales guy was referring to accessories added to the 1 IQ they had in stock and not one that I might order .. If not then I will buy from another dealer . I was kinda disappointed that some accessories are no longer available . I was wondering if it's because they want to sell out before the 2013 model comes out with different rims ect . Not sure how or when the 2013 will be out since they staggered the roll out for 2012 . The sales guy claimed that no 2013 models till the 2012 models are gone , so again maybe misinformation ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put my order together on line. Base price was 15,500.00 on line. Base price at my Toyota dealer was 15,200.00 with $ 300.00 adjustment for factory installed rear speakers and something else (can't remember) . . . so it matched. There were no negotiations, the price was set, and I was not charged for installation of the fog lights, spoiler, lowering springs, sway bar and alloy wheels. The wheels were not readily available so I told the dealer to swap my wheels out and give me the ones on the display model. They did.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I was not charged for installation of the fog lights, spoiler, lowering springs, sway bar and alloy wheels.
That's the best way to go about it. My iQ came off the truck fairly well appointed (first sold in DFW) but I am adding a few things and am paying for installation.

The wheels were not readily available so I told the dealer to swap my wheels out and give me the ones on the display model. They did.
Very well played!!!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I did the build online and that was the price. There were no additional installation fee's for any of the accessories that I included in the build. The one thing that I have learned on this site is that I should have bought a base model, period........Everything that I added from Toyota, over and above the base model, was inflated big time ! I've seen over and over from the good folks here that these things should have been bought aftermarket. I love my Buggy but if I knew then what I know now I would have a couple grand more in my pocket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts