Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking to purchase an IQ. The only hold back at this time is no cruise control.
I have test driven the car and I love it. Got to drive in town and on the interstate.
I did not feel it lacked power as I thought and hoped it would not. I drove it around the streets I'm use to
and still I was pleased with this cars handling and did not feel I was in a shorty.

About me, I've owned and do own cars that people say are different.
Presently I own the 2012 Beetle and the 2011 CRz Honda.

If I where to ask anyone here right now for information it would be.
Can a cruise control be put into this car?

If you know of anyone that has done this or has put the info on Youtube I would be happy to see this.

I have enjoyed reading info on this forum.

Yours Truly...

Kooler R01

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hello Kooler R01,i have not yet seen or even heard anyone mention puting cruise into the iq as of yet,BUT,i have read that allot of people would like such a feature,me included.i have had mine on the freeway only an hour at a time on several ocasions and even found that to be a little bothersome,leg and foot get a wee bit tired keeping her at speed,but that said there is a few ont this forum that have had the iq on the interstate for HOURS at a time and they have not even mentione dthis issue.im guessing because they have advertised this as mainly a city car,the powers to be have not found this to be a neccesity.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Kooler R01,i have not yet seen or even heard anyone mention puting cruise into the iq as of yet,BUT,i have read that allot of people would like such a feature,me included.i have had mine on the freeway only an hour at a time on several ocasions and even found that to be a little bothersome,leg and foot get a wee bit tired keeping her at speed,but that said there is a few ont this forum that have had the iq on the interstate for HOURS at a time and they have not even mentione dthis issue.im guessing because they have advertised this as mainly a city car,the powers to be have not found this to be a neccesity.
Hi, iqforyou,

TY, for the info. I'm going over to my local Toyota dealer and see if I can drive around without the salesman, possibly on my way past a few specialty shops someone can give me the skinny on cruise for this car.

-Kooler R01

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I think you'll be very happy if you purchase an iQ. There has been some interest from companies wanting to build a cruise control for the iQ. I wouldn't be surprised to see one in the next few months. I'm not a big fan of cruise control myself but I can see how people might like to have it available.

Let us know how your search goes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forums. I think you'll be very happy if you purchase an iQ. There has been some interest from companies wanting to build a cruise control for the iQ. I wouldn't be surprised to see one in the next few months. I'm not a big fan of cruise control myself but I can see how people might like to have it available.

Let us know how your search goes.
Hi,

TY for the welcome. I connected with an auto accessories store here today and he feels that an aftermarket cruise control should be available within a month. "Like you said in a few"

I also found Rostra they have not yet a cruise for the IQ yet but I'm betting they will soon.

The IQ is definitely on my purchase list and this forum should be a great resource.

I will keep you up to date.

-Kooler R01

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my IQ last week here in Columbia, SC, and cruise control was an available dealer option. I'm guessing they use genuine IQ cruise control parts. I chose not to spend the extra money for cruise, since I drive mainly in the city. BTW, I'm 68 and replaced my 1995 Ford Aspire with the IQ.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I bought my IQ last week here in Columbia, SC, and cruise control was an available dealer option. I'm guessing they use genuine IQ cruise control parts. I chose not to spend the extra money for cruise, since I drive mainly in the city. BTW, I'm 68 and replaced my 1995 Ford Aspire with the IQ.
Welcome and thank goodness there is someone older than me on here now! =) Feel free to start a new thread in the welcome section so we can all get to know you. We really like pictures around here as well...just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
welcome solar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Today I purchased an IQ, color: Grayish Blue metallic. I drove it 50 miles, half of that was on I10, no problem, this car rocks. You all probably figured I called it "R01".

surfcitylocal, you are right I like it very much. I will share pics of the car and mods. "I had to order floor mats." I'm going to need an armrest.

Welcome, "solar" maybe you can share what dealership you bought your car, I'm interested in a cruise control.

Thanks.

-Kooler R01

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

Today I purchased an IQ, color: Grayish Blue metallic. I drove it 50 miles, half of that was on I10, no problem, this car rocks. You all probably figured I called it "R01".

surfcitylocal, you are right I like it very much. I will share pics of the car and mods. "I had to order floor mats." I'm going to need an armrest.

Welcome, "solar" maybe you can share what dealership you bought your car, I'm interested in a cruise control.

Thanks.

-Kooler R01
you can get armrest?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
My armrest is my tallest travel mug {coffee cup},in between the seats,works quite well.i guess a person could construct something that does sit stable in the cup holder,but then you would loose that function,and my cupholder is very important to me,could probably place my coffee in the back passenger sides holder and still reach it.hmmmmm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I never used to use cruise control, then I drove across the country in a buick and it came in handy. On my IQ I haven't felt the need for it. The throttle is light and easy to rest your foot on, and I do a lot of commuting in traffic and downtown and cruise control (for me) wouldn't come in handy. I guess it just really depends what you're using the vehicle for. I would say though, if you plan on driving higher highway speeds long distances you might want to reconsider buying an IQ. It's just not ideal for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never used to use cruise control, then I drove across the country in a buick and it came in handy. On my IQ I haven't felt the need for it. The throttle is light and easy to rest your foot on, and I do a lot of commuting in traffic and downtown and cruise control (for me) wouldn't come in handy. I guess it just really depends what you're using the vehicle for. I would say though, if you plan on driving higher highway speeds long distances you might want to reconsider buying an IQ. It's just not ideal for that sort of thing.
Hi,

See my garage.

During my test drive to get the first results on MPG 70% of that was on the Interstate and I had to correct my speed often. After some time I was getting more use to it and felt like I did driving a VW Beetle in the 60s and a Geo Metro in the 90s and said, "Gee this is fun."

Side note...

It's 71F degrees here right now, yesterday it got up to 79F degrees. I'm saying this to let you know the IQ has a great air conditioner.

Keep the Faith!

-Kooler R01

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Merci, that is what I thought and discussed it with Custom Fit. "The Toyota Yaris cruise control would work on the IQ." I will take it over to them next week so they can look at it.

I'll let you all know what they say.

Keep the faith.

-Kooler R01

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.