Scion IQ Forums banner

Hi from Dayton Ohio

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  iqforyou 
#1 ·
No iQ yet. On the waiting list of a few dealers. They are all telling me March for this area. Have tried to buy one from a dealer in CA and have it shipped to me but they are not allowed or so they say. Dealers here are saying they will get one demo model in Jan to have people test drive but no cars to deliver until March.

#6 ·
Welcome everyone! Check your state laws before "importing" a car from out of state. I'm not sure how it works down there but here in California, you can't buy just any new car from out of state, register and operate it here. It must have California emissions (which you won't have a problem with there). Also, a used car purchased elsewhere and brought to California must have 7,500 miles or more, etc. blah blah blah.

#13 ·
Ok got back from North Carolina last night. But after looking at the Blizzard White and the Hot Lava I came back with the Hot Lava. 42MPG on the highway on the way back and that was also with me varying the speed all the time as instructed. Here is what is interesting. Jim Barkey Scion discounted the car by $1K. I asked him about Pure Price policy and he says it is simply not true you can negotiate. Also something I had not seen when configuring using the build my Scion feature is it came from the factory with "All State Legal Window Tinting" which is on the actual sticker. It is expensive. Maybe they only do this for cars in the South Region. I drove 6 hours to get there. They had everything ready and I left on 45 minutes and drove back. Went to Target and got the little storage box as noted on the forum. You will need it. I did the the Premium HD radio. Used my phone on the way back and was streaming Pandora to the radio most of the way back. The car does lack storage. Badly. So the box from Target is a must have. Other thing as mentioned on the forum is I dont like the muffler sound. It is quite loud inside until you get going. Otherwise great vehicle.

#15 ·
Welcome Phrank. You may want to start your own thread in this section so we can all get to know you.

The storage box is a small black box from the Target stores that people have been using between the seats to hold loose items. Inexpensive solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.