Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not an owner yet, but just sold my xb recently. thanks for all the info posted already on the forum, it made the iq on the top of my possible replacements. i just need a small ride to drive myself and my kid to work and school within a few miles away. years ago, i considered a smart, but the lack of back seat made me decide not to. any owner with a similar situation (with kid in iq) feel free to provide your feedback. thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hello mxiq,GO FOR IT,i happen to have three short humans,and this car is very kid friendly,not sure if you have had the pleasure to see one in person but if you do you will quikly realize the front cockpit is much more roomy than the smart,fells like a car twice the size,you never would know your in the worlds smallest 4 seater till you do a shoulder check then you realize and smile.i aint a small guy and me and two other full size people fit nicely,untill you would like to put an adult behind the driver,which i have done and my driving position was borderline dangerous.even with my youngest,9, behind the driver makes for a challenging driving experience.and with just two people,there is more than enough room with plenty of cargo space in the back with the seat backs down.hope this helps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ditto....Go for it...I also have two little ones (6 & 7). The rear passenger behind the driver is a little challenging but its doable. Do what I did. Go to the dealer, take your kid and try the IQ on for size.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
My kids are grown and gone but I think you would be happy with the iQ for your situation.

Go for a drive and see how much fun it is, that may be the deciding factor. That and your kids will think its COOL!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally picked up one yesterday. thanks to all of you again esp the kids and deals related posts. the last few months was quite a ride for me.

last week i took home a new nissan juke (very fun oddball!) that was nearly a done deal, but wife did not like it. i end up returning it (no obligation take home tryout deal) and took my current ride back (was supposed to be traded in). my wife made a 360 on selling my 03 fx35 (still looks new after nearly 9 years, and quite modded). i was back to square one. btw, at this point, she doesnt want the iq for being too small.

few days ago, my niece asked for help to buy a small car for her. she was considering a scion or similar as well so i went out with her to look for deals. for the hell of it, i asked the dealer if they can do a 2k off again like what they did before. the rep was very nice and never pressured us at all (after test driving 4 models) and welcomed my 2k off on an iq. wife liked the discount and we end up with a gray with spoiler and keeping my fx35. my niece loved the iq too and was tempted due to the deal, but she end up with her first choice, a honda fit.

more info and pics later.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'd love to be in a small two-seat drop-top but i just can't do a two-seater. Over and over, I always seem to have two passengers...so the iQ is perfect. I love the versatility of this car, yet still in a very small, compact package. Everything I need, nothing I don't.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the welcome again but i disagree. i already love the car :).

i got a kenwood sub and strip leds to be installed soon. looks like the sub will be behind the rear seat and the lights behind the inside "vents" and under the dash. got the ideas from the lighting threads here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got the sub and the lights installed already and quite happy with the results. ill post pics and details later, just thinking if i should just post here, or create a thread on i.c.e. anyone local is welcome to see and listen if they are considering something similar to their ride :).

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
i got the sub and the lights installed already and quite happy with the results. ill post pics and details later, just thinking if i should just post here, or create a thread on i.c.e. anyone local is welcome to see and listen if they are considering something similar to their ride :).
start a new thread, easier to find later that way.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Last weekend me & my 2 year old drove past a "car seat check" in front of a local furniture store. I thought I'd give all the workers there something to talk about all day. Sure enough when I pulled up in my hot lava iQ EVERYONE working the car seat check stopped what they were doing & came over. They were like, "you fit a car seat in there?" LOL Guess what? Car seat installed & fit perfectly. Absolutely no sway, Although it's a rather large car seat from Costco, & getting it in & out can be a bit of a chore. The LATCH anchors are very accessible, & my little guy loves to go for rides in "Dada's new car."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts