Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new on the forum. Don't have an iQ yet but I'm going to test drive one tomorrow and possibly buy one Thursday if I like it. I'm a member on 2 other forums. One of which is for my current car that I'll be trading ha ha (8thcivic). So the iQ I'm looking at is Hot Lava with 2,000 miles on it. Is there anything I should look for when seeing this car that could be a problem? Is there a history of lemons with the iQ I'm not aware of?
Thanks for any help in advance!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Welcome! The car can be seen as quirky, but only due to it's small size. Haven't had any lemons....just happy owners.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Scuba,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm happy with mine (3500 miles in two months). I don't know of any lemon type issues with the IQ.
Beware that you might catch IQ mod fever!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scuba,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm happy with mine (3500 miles in two months). I don't of any lemon type issues with the IQ.
Beware that you might catch IQ mod fever!
Ha ha I might catch that fever. Every car i've had, i have modded. Primary reasons I'm trying to get an iQ: size, saves me $3500 a year over current car (being put towards continuing college ed), 11 airbags, bigger than a Smart and it's a good looking little car.

Put 15k miles on my current car since I got it in february so the iQ will be getting a workout ha ha.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Scuba,
Welcome to the forum.
I purchased mine (and it's the high MPG color, Hot Lava) on Valentines Day this year. With a bit over 6000 miles on "Julius" there have been to problems but have been tons of smiles.
According to the manual, break in for these is 1000 miles ... according to the some European forums, break in is considered 5000 miles .... the differece in thinking is because of the 0-20W synthetic from the factory and the engine seems (to them) to operate better after 5000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
You will be hooked once you drive it. Just saying...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going on my test drive in just a little bit today, going to try to take it on the highway a little bit to see how it works out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Test drive went great, the iQ is a nice little car so I think I'm going to try to jump on getting one. The one I test drove had rims, nitto low profile tires and TRD lowering springs. I really that one but there's one that's used that cheaper also. Just have to figure out which dealer will give me the best trade in for my Civic Si ha ha and then I'll get that iQ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So here is a question. If I go to the dealership does anyone think I could get the dealer to absorb the negative equity on my Civic Si if I don't talk them down in price on the iQ? And do financing through them?

Going to have about $1000 on negative equity on the Civic since I drive it so much. And looking at a brand new iQ with aftermarket rims, tires and lowering springs.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I traded in a silverado with about $1500 negative equity and they hooked me up on my trade in value for the truck to take care of it. But that was for a bone stock iQ and the dealership here in KC was really anxious to sell their first one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts