Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2012 Hot Lava IQ last Saturday after one test drive I was in love.

Traded my 05 RX8 in on it, repair bills and the 16-18 mpg were killing me and now that 93 is over $4 here I had to make a change.

I was surpized how well the IQ drives and how peppy it is, starting out in S and then switching over to D once I am up to speed make traffic and merging a non issue. Lots of space for the driver and passenger and the high seating make getting in and out a dream compared to the RX8 and make my back feel a lot better. With the back seats folded down I have more usable space then the RX8 and childs seats fit correctly in the IQ.

The only thing I really wish is that it had cruise control and maybe a little more umph from the speakers.

Might splurge on some wheels and the rear swaybar later this year.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hey there welcome,your in the right place,i myself have gained valuble info,and continue to do so from this site,your IQ looks GREAT,i as well just love the little beuaty..CHEERS.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Love that color....I've had mine for about a month and couldn't wait on ordering the trd springs and sway bar, IQ shift knob and alloy wheel locks.

Welcome and happy modding/spending:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forums.

It is surprising how quick the little iQ is. So much fun to drive!

Brownie Points for posting pics in your nube thread!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Picked up my 2012 Hot Lava IQ last Saturday after one test drive I was in love.

Traded my 05 RX8 in on it, repair bills and the 16-18 mpg were killing me and now that 93 is over $4 here I had to make a change.

I was surpized how well the IQ drives and how peppy it is, starting out in S and then switching over to D once I am up to speed make traffic and merging a non issue. Lots of space for the driver and passenger and the high seating make getting in and out a dream compared to the RX8 and make my back feel a lot better. With the back seats folded down I have more usable space then the RX8 and childs seats fit correctly in the IQ.

The only thing I really wish is that it had cruise control and maybe a little more umph from the speakers.

Might splurge on some wheels and the rear swaybar later this year.
there maybe audio functions you are not aware of,if you depress and hol the SSP button you will find more audio settings that make a huge difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts