Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time on any forum BUT as the owner of four cars, I have often relied on automotive forums for advice and information. I recently bought a 2012 Scion iQ with just under 4000 km's on it (3,987 km's to be exact) and want to install the illuminated door sills (PT922-74112) WITHOUT using the interior light controller kit (PT922-74110). I am near Toronto, Ontario Canada and have recently found that there are not many Parts Places Online that ship to Canada.

Any recommendations on Canadian Parts Suppliers or ways to install these door sills would be appreciated!

Thanks from the New Guy!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
895 Posts
I tried to look for these from a Canadian online shop and the one I looked at (I believe Brandtford) says discontinued. I also checked www.Amayama.com which is a reasonably priced direct from Japan source and could not find the part. I did find a package for both doorsills and controller on eBay I suggest getting it while they still have stock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jzchen for the reply. I was able to score the Illuminated Sills from another Scion Dude in Toronto (OEM PT922-74112) for $75 Canadian and will be installing them with a friend shortly. I also found a nice 8 page easy to follow directions on how to do it. What I am trying to avoid is installing the Light Controller Kit (PT922-74110) which seems a little bit more complicated (I found a similar 26 page step by step instruction manual for that job). I am pretty sure we will be able to install them without the Controller Kit (and if I only get one of the seven led colours, I am OK with that).
My recent "Barn Find" of this immaculate iQ (again it is a 2012 with just under 4000 kms on it!!!!) has me excited to keep her looking as clean and perfect as when I found her. Thanks Again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts