Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Scion IQ, white, flood salvage car, running now, but transmission issues.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined today. I have a white IQ that is a flood salvage car from NYC. That was whatever hurricane was there in 2015. That includes salt water inside of the car. I replaced every wire harness except the one for the engine which is waterproof. Original radio works! Original back speakers and rear seatbelts work. So many redd dash lights were lit, but it down to just the SRS light and the code is for passenger seat needs calibration. It has a Subaru MAF, lol, it's the same part, but nearly free at the local U-Pull-It. I've replace so many modules, switches, ect., but the cost was so reasonable at the junkyard. The donor car sat at Mark's for about five years and I don't think they sold anything from it in all that time. I asked about some parts, but the prices were stupid. Apparently they realized that they haven't sold anything from it and they transferred the car to M&M Pull It. I decide I was going the next day and do whatever it took to get the car going, including hacking other wiring harnesses. It was going to be a real tuff time for me. The morning they listed it, it also was the $50-all-you-can-carry day. I stayed all day and stripped the most rare items, like the wiring harness. I've been back again and again because the prices are great, they have 98% of what I need in stock and they often don't charge for little things like brake switches, bolt, clips, etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts