Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a new IQ, color Hot Lava as a second vehicle. So far we are really enjoying it. As for MPG, when the gauge dropped a 1/4, we filled & checked . Got 27mpg. Was heavy on the throttle & was fascinated by the get-up & go. Next test ..tank half full, got 37+mpg.. Started to pay more attention to the "ECO" guage. the third test (most recent) tank 1/4 down.. got 39.1... So far the travels are just around town.
Only have one complaint .. The speedometer is not lit during daytime so have to flip the light switch one click to illuminate & then the ECO guage on left goes dim thus making that window hard to read. Anyone else experience this ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
We recently purchased a new IQ, color Hot Lava as a second vehicle. So far we are really enjoying it. As for MPG, when the gauge dropped a 1/4, we filled & checked . Got 27mpg. Was heavy on the throttle & was fascinated by the get-up & go. Next test ..tank half full, got 37+mpg.. Started to pay more attention to the "ECO" guage. the third test (most recent) tank 1/4 down.. got 39.1... So far the travels are just around town.
Only have one complaint .. The speedometer is not lit during daytime so have to flip the light switch one click to illuminate & then the ECO guage on left goes dim thus making that window hard to read. Anyone else experience this ?
Hi,

Congratulations, good mpg.

Yes, I noticed no light on speedometer yesterday on the IQ, it seems this is the norm, it's the same on my 2012 VW Beetle.

NP for me, I have a Garmin Nuvi that has a digital speedometer and that is always lit up.

Keep the faith!

-Kooler R01

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forums.

It does kind of suck that the speedometer does not light up during the day. There is a digital speedometer in the information window to the left. If you cycle through you'll find it. You can use that for speed and the green ECO light on the regular display. That may defeat your goal of watching the ECO bar but it's one solution.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
welcome,come on in have a seat,your in a great place,and congrats on your purchase of your COOL ride,enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts