Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is probably the first time I've wrote one of these! I recently got an IQ after trading in my prized 2012 Mustang GT. Everyone thought I was crazy, but happily, I have not had any remorse of going from 400 hp to 100. It's all about the form factor, less psychological stress, and the mustang just looked good, turned good, exhaust leaked good, and that was about it.

So far I've installed a jvc navi (wanted the detachable face) Some common toyota plastic brackets to reduce the hole size to normal double-din worked perfectly. And I've also installed the fogs, and failed an install of the rear swaybar, so now I'm looking for alternate aftermarket endlinks to replace the one I blew up! (embarrassed)

Anyhoo, I honestly decided to become a member because I obviously need help, haha.
(And so I could ask maggiebite which springs she used on her awesome IQ, the tanabes or trds.)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
congrats and wellcome,sorry mags but i am going to answer for ya,SHE WENT WITH FACTORY TRD,and i as well love the drop,i got the sway bar very shortly after my purchase,i say its a mus,IMO.what colour did you chose?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the black, with the alloys and spoiler. I wanted either black or hot lava, the currant they had wasn't my sort of purple. Thanks for the quick info there! I have a box of trds sitting here, but dont want to bother until my broken endlink situation is fixed, (torque wrench accident) I might just find some adjustables. These DO look kind of similar though, haha.
Toyota Camry Sway Bar End Link at 1AAuto.com with how-to installation video.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome! I also got the black iQ, the best color imo :) Love the little car, tho I too have a Mustang Cobra, just got back from Fabulous Ford Forever 2012 at Knotts. Both very different but I love both, iQ for daily Cobra for the weekend :)

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Congratulations on your new iQ and welcome to the fourms. We have another member on here from San Diego. When a few more iQ's show up in So Cal we will have to get together for a photo shoot and iQ meet.

Sorry to hear about your little accident with the torque wrench, it happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts