Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have jumped in feet first ...took a test drive ......threw the dice and said GIMME it!
I pick up White Beauty this Thursday evening !!!! I had a Cooper S before ....and LOVE the small car thing....
I just need a too and from work toy.... My wife has a Sorento for family (1 son) stuff.....

Anyhoo.....I spent a few evenings researching this car and just love the look of it.....and the mpg is nice....Its all i need to haul me and my tools to work....

I do industrial and light HVAC......Hospitals to Houses , I am a union sheet metal worker,Hobbies are RC planes and Helis ...building PC's and Mini-Bikes and Go-Karts ....I also model trains and have a HO scale layout....Pretty much any hobby shop related stuff I am into....as well as LIVE steam toys....

Well ...Im gonna look around here and see whats in store for me..... I will get pics (like you have never seena white IQ with a Spoiler before right hahaha) of the new baby up soon....anyone want any specific shot of any part of the car while I am at it ?...
?....

Any advice for the newbie?....

Jim
Indiana, USA

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
welcome jim,your in a fine place here,and yes,we never get sick of pics,which i weird for sure,congrats on your new buggy man.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Advise....no, just enjoy that turning radius. It has seriously adjusted my driving...things that were impossible before are now easy!

I had a similar experience after my test drive, and have never regretted going feet first myself. First iQ off the truck...test trive was at 4:30 p.m. and I drove the car off to dinner at 6!!! Good stuff.

I had an '03 R50 and an '07 R56...both Coopers. Hung out on NAM alot. In some ways (not all) I think the iQ is more Mini than a MINI.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I busted a U turn in my first trip with the salesman! :cool:

My Mini was a New 2005 S (supercharged one...before the turbos) at 80,000 the half shaft carrier bearings AT the transmission housing that hold the CV joint hub, were failing.....shaft wobbled ......I said BYE BYE Mini.....it was out of warrantee and i was NOT putting a $8000 tranny in a car that new....Nice thing was I had a higher trade value than the payoff......made it easy to say goodbye.....

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
THAT REMINDS ME,LIKE MY 09 NISSAN CUBE,OOPS ,got abit excited,i bought both these cars sight unseen,didnt even sit in the seat till car was owned by me,so the first time i drove it it was mine.i was the first owner in canada,so the dealer advised me any way,allmost 6 months ago and i have no regrets,i waited years for this car to make its journey to us lucky folks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the looks are killer........just wished they did a dark Canary (DOT/construction) yellow.......I might get it wrapped........I dunno ........

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New post in pics section...ITS home!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all......... The car is just plain SEXY!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts