Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the dealership where I bought my iQ for a rear sway bar install and this is what they did:

The advisor/person-I-bought-the-car-from told me to send the pictures to him and that the dealership will fix it. We'll see. I haven't had her for two weeks yet! *sigh* Colour me unhappy, quite so. :mad:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
did they point that out? or did you discover that on your own?if they are addmiting guilt,they had better fix it,PROPERLY.sorry to c that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pointed it out. I'm not sure what properly fixing it would be in this - this would be the sanding and spray painting it, right?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I pointed it out. I'm not sure what properly fixing it would be in this - this would be the sanding and spray painting it, right?
yes,i believe it would,i would expext them to do the entire pannel thats damaged not a touch up kinda job,and being that your car is so new,i would allso hope the colour match is PERFECT.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That sucks! Please let us know how it turns out. I've had mine for the same amount of time and would be flipping out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had scratches on the rear bumper when I picked my IQ up for the first time. They had to have it sent up from a dealership in Massachusetts to Maine and it apparently got scratched in transport. We pointed it out and insisted that it be corrected. They repainted the entire bumper not just a touch up. Also, went in for my first service appt (oil change, tire rotation, etc). They set up an appt for me at 6:30AM when they did not even open until 7:30AM. I was there at 6:30AM and no one was there. I raised hell and when I went in 2 days later on a Saturday for the actual oil change, I still was quite annoyed at their incompetence and did not hide it. I let the service manager know that it would be nice if I could have mud guards on my IQ. When the car was done, he told me they would be installing mud guards free of charge to make up for my issues with the appt. The mud guards were installed on Saturday free of charge...
Thank you for your fine service Scion.....

·
Registered
351 Posts
my hood and bumper was scratched at the dealer too, the dealer did a shoddy job fixing it so I called Scion and asked them if I can just take it somewhere else cause those fools have a history of incompetence. Anyway, I was told I couldn't since paint is not inder warranty. Any other warrantied problem, I can take it to a different dealership. So I told them "hell no, over my dead body am I going back to that incompetent dealership"

·
Registered
353 Posts
The previous posts point out the reasons why I usually and almost always do it myself. But because of the free service from Scion I will probably take the iQ to the dealer.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had some drama in this regard, too, but it eventually all got sorted by the dealer's body shop. It was not a painless process (and a bit embarrassing for the dealer), but in the end all worked out well and is now a distant memory. I wish you well...fight the good fight!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took my iQ in to the dealership yesterday and spoke with one of the service managers. He was somewhat apologetic and said they'd fix it. I got an email from him later that day confirming that I can bring in my iQ anytime, so I did this morning. She's supposed to be done tomorrow afternoon so we'll see. I miss my iQ. :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hope they do a great job for you and your iQ. For me, customer service isn't about never making mistakes. It's about making them right. Hope they do:)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Same thing happened to me after I bought my Fiesta. Big gouge in the paint on the passenger side door. I called the Service Manager and he had me bring my car in to the collision shop to have it repaired...for free. I wouldn't have expected it any other way and neither should you.

In the 20+ years that I have owned cars, that was the first time it ever happened to me however, I hear it's a common occurrence. :eek:

·
Registered
985 Posts
I miss my iQ.
Brace yourself. Going without your iQ can make one a bit crazy...one often becomes even more obsessed than before. I suspect this may happen here. If you get your car back and have the unexplainable urge to buy another little iQ accessory or something don't worry, it's normal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nah, I'm coping by nabbing that little LEGO iQ and making vroom vroom noises as it traverses the Chesterfield Mountains. I do wish the kids would stop divebombing it with LEGO bombers though. :p

·
Registered
985 Posts
When I had my "episode" with the body shop I was without my iQ for three or four weeks (driving over-sized rentals). When I finally got my iQ back we had to get reacquainted....which was great fun!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
They're also finishing off the incomplete install of the hood deflector - they were supposed to have put it on but they couldn't find the brackets. So, yes - I definitely will want to get reacquainted! :D Plus, I had the rear sway bar installed and I still haven't noticed any difference in handling...

Three or four weeks, eh? That's rough. :(

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
They're also finishing off the incomplete install of the hood deflector - they were supposed to have put it on but they couldn't find the brackets. So, yes - I definitely will want to get reacquainted! :D Plus, I had the rear sway bar installed and I still haven't noticed any difference in handling...

Three or four weeks, eh? That's rough. :(
hello adara,have you driven much with the sway bar?was it on the car when you first picked it up?i find it helps with not tracking so badly in ruts and allso stops the body roll in cornering,i cornerd very hard without the sway bar and with and i feel it is quite noticeable.should be picking the front strut brace in a few weeks and i hope that improves on the front end.peace.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The day before I bought my car at the dealership I found a scratch on the right rear quarter pannel - they took care of it. When I took it in for the "free" 5K service, my MPG had seriously dropped, indicating that someone had been using my car as a "race car". Both outside mirrors were pointed as far down towards the ground as possible. Were the service not free, the vehicle would NEVER be taken there ... EVER!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hello adara,have you driven much with the sway bar?was it on the car when you first picked it up?i find it helps with not tracking so badly in ruts and allso stops the body roll in cornering,i cornerd very hard without the sway bar and with and i feel it is quite noticeable.should be picking the front strut brace in a few weeks and i hope that improves on the front end.peace.
No, not yet. I only drove it around for a couple of days before I had to take my car back in for repainting - the scratch happened when I had my car in for the sway bar install, actually. I drive my iQ very gently in the city but I suspect I'll notice it more when I go back onto the highway. Thanks for the explanation, iqforyou!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts