Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. finally got that mic installed and I was able to send and recieve calls from the system just fine, however when I try to update contacts from the phone it says it failed.

I've got the upgraded Pioneer head, and a Sidekick 4g with Android 2.2.1 Froyo. Rooted but using stock ROM

·
Registered
584 Posts
Don't know if upgrading your ROM will help. I had the same issue with my phone and it worked after I upgraded phones. Didn't try any problem solving on my first, but I do know that I went from honeycomb on my motorola to a samsung with ice cream sandwich.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope.
I wonder if I should just delete both car and phone from each other's memory and start afresh. My first attempt to sync them was back before I had a mic so naturally it failed. Could be they're only partially connected even now.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Some phones BT radio versions will not support transferring contacts. I would try deleting and starting again, but you might not have that functionality available to you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Samsung Vibrant running Froyo as well. I would say my contacts transfer about 50% of the time. Shutting BT off on my phone and then turning it back on often seems to help, for some reason.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I have some time later today i'll do some experimenting, try turning the BT off and on first, then try deleting and re-pairing the phone and car. I'll report back.

By the way, just becsause I see so many droid users...how frelling bogus is it that the pandora sync only works on damned iOS devices? I can forgive the proliferations of i-only hard docks just because all the damned things are the same size and shape with the same plug, meanwhile there's a million different android phones with different form factirs...but when we're talking a soft radio link there's no reason not to give us the goods as well! </nerd rage>

·
Registered
72 Posts
I read somewhere that Pandora is working on an Android in-car version.

For now, I use an iPad. I have T-Mobile Hotspot, so I turn that on, plug in my iPad, and put it in the tray under the passenger seat. A couple extra steps, but it works for me.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would think it is on the Pioneers side that it is Apple support only. I think the Android Pandora app is no different than the Apple one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts