Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
They ride better than stock... suck up bumps better... stiffer on corners... and ride LOW. I honestly love them so much.
I can tell,you cant stop sayin,LOL,i just got my rims mounted,not sure if you seen the pics?just 16s,but i as well love mine,i am wanting to lower more and more,now that you mention the improved ride quallity,i think its time to save up $$$.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looks much better with the drop. Nice job. The Tanabe quality is awesome too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are pretty easy to put in, you'll need sockets, a spring compressor, and it helps to have a clamp from a front end kit to pop out the tie rod knuckle (it's attached to the shock assembly on our car). It will also help if you have a gear drive type wrench because the 3 top bolts that hold the strut in are hard to get to and you have to be able to just stick a tool in there and remove them.

I was able to do this myself and I'm not a mechanic. The car seems to have held it's alignment as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can tell,you cant stop sayin,LOL,i just got my rims mounted,not sure if you seen the pics?just 16s,but i as well love mine,i am wanting to lower more and more,now that you mention the improved ride quallity,i think its time to save up $$$.
The 16"s are smart. You will hold your better gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I'm interested to see if anyone tries the DF-210 Tanabe springs on their iQ. It's more of a drop, just not sure if there is enough clearance on the strut.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts