Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Granted there are no other iQs around to gawk at, but I have never found myself so amused by the look of a car. I think it is the small size, of course....often my car looks like the escape-pod of the other vehicles parked around me. I get a giggle whenever I walk up to it...less so when I am driving because it all seems so normal from inside the cockpit. Not so from the outside, though....the short wheel base, the massive doors, the big wheels...this car is high entertainment and I am so, so glad to be driving one. Perhaps it is a sickness, but I love looking at my iQ!!! It's pretty amazing.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have trouble seeing it as anything more than "normal" size. Only when I walk up to it and see it at a certain angle sometimes does it look small to me, but then I always felt like I was driving a station wagon in my honda fit.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
At work I park it where i can clearly see it from where I usually stand...ostensibly so I can make sure nobody;s breaking into it, but really sometimes I just fine myself staring at it with a dopey grin on my face. A friend of mine comes in from time to time and catches me, "You know, the novelty will wear off soon." he's said more than once, to which I reply "Then I'll have to do something to it when it does."

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I as well go out of my way @ work to have a gander at my wicked little buggy , and ive had it 6 months,to me its vissually stuning.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Yup, never get tired of looking at it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At first glance the iQ looks like something of a brick (I hear this is it's nickname at the Toyota plant), especially from the front and even the side. But the other night I was inspecting the front of the car from a 3/4 view, noticing the complex dropoff between the headlight assembly and protruding front bumper that has the wheels at the corner. After months of taking all this in, I find the iQ is quite a little piece of sculpture with lots of surprising subtleties. More to gawk at...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've wanted to sleep inside it the first few days I had it... I couldn't just leave it out there by its cute self

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Yea, it's one sweet good lookin ride and I do find myself Gawking often at my Buggy ! I wonder as they become numorus what the theft rate will be ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Someone at a car meet told me that they heard Scion is already considering stopping production of these babies

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Someone at a car meet told me that they heard Scion is already considering stopping production of these babies
That's Not A Good Thing ! These Buggys ain't cheap and parts are expensive. I keep em till the wheels fall off and if there not available here anymore it will cost a fortune for parts to maintain it through the years ! OK, I'm going to go Gawk at my Buggy and get happy again......

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
That's Not A Good Thing ! These Buggys ain't cheap and parts are expensive. I keep em till the wheels fall off and if there not available here anymore it will cost a fortune for parts to maintain it through the years ! OK, I'm going to go Gawk at my Buggy and get happy again......
whilst consuming a beer is ALLWAYS fun.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If they are going to stop producing them for the US, big IF, they have been producing them in Europe and Asia for years and will likely for some more. Worst case is import parts. Been there with my Triumph Spitfire and my Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser. Difficult but not impossible to get by.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts